ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

S90RT W heating fan

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
My 172 Has Just Run Out Of Waranty And The Heater Fan Has Just Packed Up. Has Anyone Else Had This Problem And What Was Actually Involved And How Much Deos It Cost. Any Reply Would Be Great

3 year old 172 and the heater fan packs up, 13 year old valvers, 1.2's, williams' and they are still going strong

Mk1's iirc its unde rthew scuttle panal, c**t to get to, can't imagien its much easier ont eh mk2's

Can we loose the calpitals at the start of each word?

No idea, check out renault and GSF for prices, woudl ahve to buyt eh blower unit if its actually gone and not a fuse/dodgy connection etc

Need to investigate further

Lionel Richie
the heater resistor has gone ( doesn't help that the blower fan fills with water and then sprays onto the resistor!)

its located under the driverside scutle pannel

it looks like
IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

and cost £100 ish from renault (rip off)

speak to MATT BLACK on here he should be able to get one cheaper

cheers mate.pulled the car apart today and looked for all of that.had the heater out and everything else. ive got a mark2 with climate control and think its in a different place or something.cheers anyway

ive looked mate. that cable that goes to the fan is not the same as yours.its just another cable connector, i get well peed off with these cars i want to sell it everytime things go wrong,can u believe a xenon bulb is a £100 to buy

Sorry to bring back up an old thread but I think I have the same problem. I've been told by a garage that they think the rheostat is broken, is the rheostat the same thing as this resistor? If not how can you tell if the resistor has gone?

Megane 225+
No help, but I'm in the same boat, mine went yesterday.
Fans have just stopped.
CC seems to be functioning as air is cooled but no air power-now not running it to avoid further damage.
Checked under bonnet
There seems to be a quite short buz when the unit is switched on.
There seems to be a few multi plugs connected to the fan unit-one is bolted in x2 about 8mm bolt heads
I'll try and remove later
post pics if I get anything out.

Question - bloody waterbottles leaking - whats the best way to get the passenger side wipper off?

RenaultSport clio 182 cup
dont know if this has been said cant be arsed to read all the posts! My heater went on an 05 182 , put it in the garage turned out to be the connections had got a bit dirty! I thought it was the resistor ! So check that before you spend loads of money