ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Safety over the camera vans.

Fiesta TDCI
Just passed a safety camera van, I was a bit of over the limit, it was parked on the verge but had the rear windows still closed (usually I have seen these open with the camera visible). Can these still detect speed with the windows closed or are they setting up in readiness??

Thanks..

www.renparts.co.uk
theyre not type approved for use with the windows closed but they have been known to hand out offences this way, most probably not been used at the time (setting up or packing up), its more common for them to have them closed in winter so the scammers don't get cold ;)
ta
josh

Fiesta TDCI
I'm fingers crossed I reckon I was about 40 in a 30, no excuses I know!! I have always seen them with the windows open before so am hoping I may be lucky on this occasion!!

www.renparts.co.uk
like i said if the windows were definitely closed then even if he snapped you, chances are you will be able to get off on that alone. If you recieve a NIP within 14 days go on

www.pepipoo.com

Just have to wait and see.