ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sam's Clio 172 Cup Daily Project

After turning my Black Gold Clio 182 into a track car (which is not practical on the road) I was on the hunt for a new daily.
On Halloween I saw a post on the Clio Sport Facebook page with a 'particularly' clean 172 cup.. As soon as I saw it I knew that I was going to buy it.
Travelled up to Essex to view the car and took it there and then. I love it! So nice to get back into a standard Renault Sport Clio (I know that's weird to say). But my 182 has got to the point where it is quite an experience when you take it on the public road (Noisy + Harsh + Uncomfortable).

It has 92,000 miles. All it needs is a good bit of TLC.
Time for the photos.
IMG_3033_zpsqic0wyfm.jpg

IMG_3032_zpsv8qqxhau.jpg

IMG_3031_zpsxmrh79yz.jpg

IMG_3028_zpsn10vcv0i.jpg

IMG_3029_zpsakood53j.jpg

IMG_3030_zpsm77pdna9.jpg

IMG_3034_zpsxyquisdu.jpg
']
IMG_3034_zpsxyquisdu.jpg
[/URL]

Just a lot of tidying to do :smile:. Surprisingly excited to get started with it all! Will keep it updated more than the Track car Project!

So fresh so clean! really nice looking :smile: What do are your plans for her?
Thank you, I'm extremely happy with it.
Over this month I will be doing the typical Clio aesthetic mods, 3/4 Front plate, Silvertec Indicator bulbs etc..
I would like the engine bay immaculate. So will spend a lot of time there.
At the end of the day I have my track car project which is where all the performance modifications will be going

Karlos172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio182 Trophy/R5GTT
Looks a great example, paint work so clean and bright, coolant level a little low (time for a Renault type D change ;-) ) I had a 172 Cup as a daily for 5.5 years, 41k to 115k awesome little car, still look at them now a black 172 full fat and now a 182 trophy later.

Looks a great example, paint work so clean and bright, coolant level a little low (time for a Renault type D change ;-) ) I had a 172 Cup as a daily for 5.5 years, 41k to 115k awesome little car, still look at them now a black 172 full fat and now a 182 trophy later.
Thanks, The cleanest part is the interior.. It is crazy how clean it has been kept. Got a few little bits that need attention but nothing major :smile:
Going to replace the coolant bottle and flush the Coolant system at the same time! Made such a nice visual difference in the engine bay on my 182.

Karlos172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio182 Trophy/R5GTT
Out of interest fella. how much for new coolant bottle and do you know part no.? Get it from Renault with the cap? Thinking of getting one myself :)

Looks good Sam, I love a cup - I should of bought one in the first place!

I feel the same way! I turned a lovely 182 with immaculate interior into a track car [emoji23]

Love Cup's, getting rarer now, for me these need to be kept OEM as possible, it sounds like your going down that route :)

They are getting a lot rarer. Especially in standard form. It will be kept OEM. I may change a few little bits but nothing too major. It will be nice to clean it up!

Out of interest fella. how much for new coolant bottle and do you know part no.? Get it from Renault with the cap? Thinking of getting one myself :)

Hello, I bought my last coolant bottle via eBay. Arrived looking the exact same as the one currently on my car. But I didn't use the cap which came with the new bottle. I continued to use the genuine Renault part