ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Galaxy S 2 Charging

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
My dad got one of these today, but it doesn't seem right to me.

It came apparently dead, so stuck the charger in and it displayed a greyed out battery with half a circle in the middle.

After removing and reinserting the battery it started charging, but only slowly. It got up to about 7% when it crashed, restarted and displayed 40% charge.

2 minutes later it is apparently fully charged, so remove the power and it's only 42& charged, rinse and repeat.

Is the phone faulty? Or the battery? Or is it just the norm you learn to live with?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Sounds like the battery. Get it on charge overnight...or even try charging it off usb (as that seems quicker than mains for some reason!?!) It should show full battery if you press the on/off button while its still plugged in...then try it.

If you need new battery, they are about £6 or £7 for proper new ones from ebay. :)

107 Track Car & C4
It's definitely not the norm, sounds to me as though the phone is faulty. If it were the battery it would just drain really quickly or not charge at all. I take it the phone was new?

306 GTI-6
You could try plugging it into a computer and checkinh for firmware updates via Samsung Kies.

I had charging problems, where phone showed as charging when not connected etx, and gave a warning on screen every few minutes.

I updated to latest firmware last week, amd touch wood, it hasnt hppened since.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh the phone Is new, its taken long enough to be delivered from tesco so im reluctant to return it without trying to Get it working myself

I've done a software update on the phone now and it's back down at a more believable 20%. Going to just leave it and see what happens.

Never had this problem with apple stuff I must say.

306 GTI-6
Not all updates cam be done by the phone, so worth checking on the computer too.

The usb charging port is also a weak point apparently, but o have had no issues with that and have had the phone since March last year