ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung LE40R74BDX.. Anyone have one?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i looked into getting one, but i've heard it can't handle blacks well and the sound is pants.

I personally didn't like the black shiny surround either

RIP Dan
I got one last week.

Not a patch on my old 100hz CRT on "normal" telly.

Watched a blueray demo on it and its awesome.

Sound wise, i have not had any problems with it. My surround sound works very well with it too.

Looks stunning, i have a black and white thing going on in my lounge, it fits in perfectly.

Displaying black? god knows, seems ok to me. I have not got anything to compare it too.

In my opinion its one of the best looking Flatty's around. Looked at loads, including some expensive stuff......looked bulky and cheap.
It is very subtle looking and as i said fits nicely in with the decor.
Not on the wall yet, not sure if i want it there.

i looked into getting one, but i've heard it can't handle blacks well and the sound is pants.

I personally didn't like the black shiny surround either

Cant understand how it cant handle blacks aas thats what the contrast ratio is isnt it? the difference in contrast from how it displays black to white....
most tvs i've seen are around 1500-3000:1.

im getting one of these when it actually tuns up grrr
setup.gif

dont laugh but a goodmans !! 42" 1920x1080 over hdmi component dvi and vga so perfect for the 360 this is it playing spiderman trailer in 1080p oh and its £1079

Picture2029.jpg

erm its bigger and 1080p :)
mainly the 1080p support and the fact it does 1-1 pixel mapping so perfect for use as a monitor

hmmmm i'm not a brand hoar.... and i'd actually prefer to use my external freeview box..... but i dont know if i could live with a goodmans...

there must be something up with that price... im a true believer that theres always a catch.

well its upo for 1300 on other sites but i have 10% discount code and stuff :)

its even cheaper in makro if you can get in someone picked one up for 950 last night as it was open and didnt have a manual except when he got it home it had a manual and the tv had never been out of the box lol

hmmm, i dunno if i could get round it. grrr
i think my price idea has just dropped anyway... think i'd take the 8"drop... and pay 600 for one of those tosh's.... hmmm

Golf GTI 1.8T
looking to get a 32" R74 soon, from all the reviews worst thing I gather is the sound, understandable from only have 2 cruddy speakers at 10watt each.

i prefer the LG 32LC2D myself but missus likes the shiny glossy sammy more!

honestly mate, the sound is nowhere near as bad as everyone makes out, i use it just for normal tv most of the time and its totally fine, some ive heard are 10 times worse

I'll get getting the 40" N73 in about a month. So long as it is still available for £1150. Saw it in a store the other day and it's pretty nice both in terms of picture and cosmetically.

E91 M Sport
I also have the 32" R74 - picture is very good imo, blacks are decent.

Two negatives though; the dynamic contrasts function is sh1t and should be turned off (makes the TV look like its about to break as there's a delay between the scene changing and the TV reacting), and the sound (imo) is truly terrible...don't care though, its got an optical out on the back :)

Clio 172 Full Fat 02
god i'm such a t**t, now moved them, luckily they weren't interfering with the picture but i'd never even thought bout that!!!