ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Santa Pod - bets on times

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I'm off on Sunday to my first 'RWYB' at 'the pod'. I'm running the flamer which has circa 197 bhp (cams, induction, exhaust, plenty of mapping), Gripper Diff, lowered on Bilsteins but other than that stock. Not stripped. So, for a purely average driver (I.e. me) what time can I expect. Place your bets in here.

Also, I'm going with a mate running a stock 68 notchback 5.0l V8 mustang, any thoughts on what he will run?

Wish me luck.

53 Clio's & counting
Mid 14's to start will be a good time to aim for mate, once you have some preactice you should be a ble to get it a little lower

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
The Stang is a different story, what gearing does it have? Is it stripped? What tyres?

Cheers Russ, I'll see you at Llandow, looking forward to it.

4 speed box, completely stock gearing, stock tyres. In fact, completely stock full stop. It's epic, a timeless piece of 60's American muscle. We're going head to head, which quite frankly will look hilarious. Tiny French fwd hatch vs big American muscle. I'll be giggling all the way down the qtr mile.

53 Clio's & counting
Looking forward to Wales too mate, will be good to meet you :)

Id say not as fast as you would think - possibly a low 14 for the stang, as standard gearing is not great for 1/4 miles

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Looking forward to Wales too mate, will be good to meet you :)

Id say not as fast as you would think - possibly a low 14 for the stang, as standard gearing is not great for 1/4 miles

Be good to meet you too. He thinks he will be slower than me, I'm not so sure. Should be fun anyway, we aren't that bothered about the times in honesty, just going for the craic. Hopefully I won't break my flamer, costing me a fortune at the mo. :(

53 Clio's & counting
Just don't launch like a hero and you will be fine mate, Pod can be pretty sticky off the start line, one thing I do is do not launch dead in the middle of the lane - you will see 2 lines where everyone sits - try it on those lines, but on some days it can actually be less grip if the strip is a little damp.

Launch gentle, then make sure you get your gear changes right - a missed gear will loose you a second

53 Clio's & counting
Yeah, its a 'trick' (used loosely) though it depends on the temperture, how they have coated the track etc, but give both a try mate and see how you get on :)

53 Clio's & counting
You gotta try to beat my times, my best have been:

Mk1 Clio Hybrid (Hill power built standard Williams engine, breathing mods + stripped, road tyres) - 14.0 @100mph

Ph1 172 on my itb conversion (193bhp @ RS tuning) with full interior, half tank, road tyres - 14.2 @98mph