ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Santa pod times : Ph2 172

2001 172
Boys and girls,

one of my close friends has a smart for4 Brabus running approx 184bhp (I belive 177bhp is standard ?) and has invited me to go to santa pod this year I suppose on the basis that he'll whup my ass.

My question is, what are standard 2001 172's running at santa pod? He said to me that he ran 92mph terminal speed and 15sec quarter mile. Is that particularly quick? I haven't been to santa pod before so have nothing to compare it against.

Will I get bent over ?

Thanks

PS ... Any comments abusing the Smart will be greatly appreciated as I will be forwarding this link to him (Unless you guys all say I'm gonna get trounced)

rps13
it's a ph1 right?

fully strip it out for the day including passenger seat and you might see 14's with a good launch

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
it's a ph1 right?

fully strip it out for the day including passenger seat and you might see 14's with a good launch

Title says Ph2 so i gather it must be a 197...:rolleyes:

Book figure's for quarter mile's >

Phase 1 - 14.92

Phase 2 - 15.19

Standard quarter mile time on the Brabus is 14.90, to summarise, you should have bought a Phase 1.

If you took the interior out of it, like the rear bench and cards and maybe the passenger seat, I would of thought that you would easily get into the 14's. My old clio 16v was pretty much a standard engine but stripped and it got a 14.85 @ 90mph!

Would be good to have a 1/4 mile table, but im sure the trackdayers will have something to say about it!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
There are a few 2001 'Y' plate Phase 2's cutting around matey. I got the same sarcastic retort when i asked the very same thing you did lol

2001 172
MINES A STANDARD (BAR A FILTER AND soon to be stainless system) ph2. the brabus is apparently running 184ps I believe ?

I concur that downlow he ll pull away what witht he turbo an all, but higher up in the rev range ???

2001 172
boys and girls, just so we're clear we're talking about one of these, not the little 2 seater

Attachments

• 05-brabus-s-s.jpg
    05-brabus-s-s.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 80
  172 cup
you deserve a 1point fine for posting up an indecent picture there my friend in accordance to the new rules! Yuck!

2001 172
Do you not like it? I actually dont mind the way it looks, albeit it a little plasticky and cheap inside (my friend despises the fact I refer to it as "the lego car") but if we're talking build quality I can hardly crow ??

172 cup
cant stand any of the smart range to be perfectly honest, like you say they just look plastic. And a lot of them look like the sort of thing a OAP would drive

03 RS clio 172 flameR
well on the topic of santa-pod, anyone who is up for the pod there is a group of us going on th 30th of may, put your name down, details on the meetings section