ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Santa Pod - Saturday 21st June - All Welcome

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Hi all,

Following on from the previous thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showt...d-raceway-2014

An apparent date has stood out between everyone, so the next RWYB day shall be held on 21st June 2014.

Where
Santa pod raceway
Wellingborough
Bedford
NN29 7JQ

When
21st June 2014

Gates open at 8am and track opens at 9:30am
Price £10 General admission (spectators too)+£25 sign on fee (if running on the day)

If you are not running but offered a passenger ride you must go to the signing on office and pay an additional £10 for a day pass then jump in and enjoy.

What else do i need
1) Valid driving licence for signing on ******You cannot run if you forget or don't have one*******
2) Any car that has a soft top or will be travelling more than 110mph at the finish the occupants MUST wear helmets.Full details can be found here.....

http://www.rwyb.co.uk/faqs.php

============
The list as it stands.
1) MartinR
2) Badbuzz
3) Cs_dave
4) davo172
5) Don
6) Mharvey
7) Davedreads
8.) George182
9) Sunglasses Ron
10) Addicted
11) Tom
12) ryan197
13) kevs200
14) stokie4ker (Mike)
15) B00m

Spectating
1) CL10
2) DanB720
3) Ging2013
4) Drumm

Any questions...feel free to ask.

This is open to ALL people, whatever car you run, even if it is just to turn up and engage in the social side.

Last edited:
You also que up at pod but they get through them pretty quick. and the cars are mental.

only thing that slows it down is rain (as they need to dry the track after) or people with technicians and a team doing last min prep on the line!! annoying but good to see a skyline GTR with 1200bhp at the hubs though.

Nice one for dropping the thread up Don;) PM has come through as a mis mash of words

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Yeah, the original came through on here as a bit of a disaster too. Had to edit it. Least people can see it. Anyway, we're about 2 months away, so lets get names down as this should be a good laugh.

Yes pay the £10 admission at the booth on entrance.

If running you then go to the scruteneering office with your liscence and £25

Other wise wander about look at the cars, or take a seat in the grandstand and watch DaveDreads eat scoobies.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Yes pay the £10 admission at the booth on entrance.

If running you then go to the scruteneering office with your liscence and £25

Other wise wander about look at the cars, or take a seat in the grandstand and watch @DaveDreads eat scoobies .

The dog kennel's greatest moment,
I know he f*cked his start up, missed a change and had a misfire,
but I crossed the line first, which is all that matters in drag racing, so i'm claiming it!

As it stands i shall be coming but not running due to gearbox failure lol.

I am in process of pulling it out ready for refurb.

So i will be official video taker.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'd also offer you a lift you hairy Herbert...Dunno if I'll be running yet, but defo coming.

Thanks for the lift offers fellas... (just need to work out which ones best looking lol)

not down and out just yet, Box will be out and in within a week if i pull my finger out lol;)

1) MartinR
2) Badbuzz
3) Cs_dave
4) davo172
5) Don
6) Mharvey
7) Davedreads
8.) George182
9) Sunglasses Ron
10) Addicted
11) Tom
12) ryan197
13) kevs200
14) stokie4ker (Mike)
15) B00m
16) Kyle86

Spectating
1) CL10
2) DanB720
3) Ging2013
4) Drumm

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Last time when we were at Shakespeare county raceway,
they said if we'd have told them which cars were with CS,
they could have put us in a timing league of our own to see who's fastest/slowest etc,
I wonder if Santa Pod do the same?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Why not run?

I've had a box from a breakers yard on my car for 3 years since my old one shredded itself at 70mph,
it's 10k miles newer than the car and has been perfectly fine.

Personally I think track days are far harder on a car than drag days,
my first track day last year knackered a wheel bearing, shredded a tyre,
destroyed the brake pads after 3 laps, and the heat from the exhaust melted
the rear hanger causing it to drag on the floor and it's still held on with zip ties.

Whereas the drag day at Shakespeare raceway did zero damage to the car whatsoever,
plus I do full throttle starts all the time on Covs various duel carriageway traffic light GP's.

Chav life y0!