ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Santa pod

Audi TT 225 Quattro
went pod yesterday with midge, car ran a 13.9391 @ 99.01mph:D well happy with that as the only other person i know of to do it was martin in his old hybrid which weighed as much as a crisp packet:D meet a few mk2 there aswell, a 172cup and a 172 ff and had a little chat with them, one said he was on here... anyway a pic of the car and my time slip, im cc721. oh and for a list of mods done to the car check this > http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=180
bonnetfittedp034.jpg

scan0005-1.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
fair play mate!! martin bought that hybrid off me,and with the interior out i ran a few 14.1's at 99mph so your doin well!

actively looking
lol i needed to shed abit of weight definately! I also need some better engine mounts to stop it popping out of 1st on my starts!

According to my mates (as i forgot to get my time sheet:eek: ) my best speed was 92mph and low 15 seconds

ValverInBits
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKIA0WMXVA0[/youtube]

Just been watching your tube video mate.

Your spin up in 2nd is mental !!
that's a quick car.

edit: was that in the wet?

Audi TT 225 Quattro
nah mate 100% dry i promise, would'nt do that speed in the wet:) and yeah mate its 143 at the wheel:)

ValverInBits
Sh!t the bed! What does that translate to at the fly approx? Noticed your nearly the fastest NA clio in the country on the williamsclio board.

ValverInBits
and is it really 143bhp ATW??? that's fly surely?

Calm down, its not that wild a figure. 172's as a example run between 130 - 140 at the wheels.

Its all a weight thing :cool:

Were you running with one seat, fully stripped aye??

errrr thanks. Yes it is a wild figure from an F7R. It's not easy to make that kind of power from the F7 engines.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
point8 : id say its about 175bhp atf at a guess, its not a bad figure for the mods done. ive seen some produce upto 150atw on std inlet. think martin did a 13.8 in his old hybrid so need to beat that really but im happy where i am for now:)

andyman: yeah it was stripped abit mate, only had the one seat in when i run. its not as stripped as most tho because i use it as my everyday car. still has carpet, doorcards,stereo, speakers, glass windows, all electric motors basicly looks like a normal clio inside apart from a pair of buckets, also runs a fiberglass bonnet and leggeras which all help:)

Ph1
point8 : id say its about 175bhp atf at a guess, its not a bad figure for the mods done. ive seen some produce upto 150atw on std inlet. think martin did a 13.8 in his old hybrid so need to beat that really but im happy where i am for now:)

andyman: yeah it was stripped abit mate, only had the one seat in when i run. its not as stripped as most tho because i use it as my everyday car. still has carpet, doorcards,stereo, speakers, glass windows, all electric motors basicly looks like a normal clio inside apart from a pair of buckets, also runs a fiberglass bonnet and leggeras which all help:)

Lighter wheels make a BIG difference to the acceleration like. Im changing back to stock for this very reason after doing a bit of experimenting on that front.

Any more plans for the engine side?

Fantastic result fella. Keep up the good work bashing the Jap crap :cool: :star: ;)

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
I usually think williams look really old and dated, but that's f**king stunning.

very nice mate.

Polo GTi
b*****d knocked me off 5th Spot :D

Seriously though well done Jay, watch your back becuase I'll be gunning for that spot soon enough, the Williams is coming out of retirement to run soon enough!

Last edited:
  Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
This was my best time at pod.....did a 13.89 at york also...looks dead similar to your run.....

podtime2jb5.jpg

Shot at 2006-10-16

scan0005-1.jpg

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
hybridyork13s5xu.jpg

Some other lardy 172 Cup got 14.2 against me there no bad for a mk2!;)
Shot at 2006-04-17

Audi TT 225 Quattro
hmm may have to try york next then , may get a 13.7/6;) Midge after driving your car on sunday i reckon there will be another one in the 13's pretty soon;) :D

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
hmm may have to try york next then , may get a 13.7/6;) Midge after driving your car on sunday i reckon there will be another one in the 13's pretty soon;) :D

it was one off lol york's strip is pish compared to pod....there is a reason I have'nt been to york since summer 06!
I am currently raping my overdraft to get a swap sorted for my civic so I can join the fun again!

Ph1
hybridyork13s5xu.jpg

Shot at 2006-04-17

My best to date in the mk1 172 full interior, amp rack and heavy 2118's at crappy Crail is 14.4 @ 99.6

My 60ft time and 1/8 th of a mile time is a lot less than the above but the terminal speed is slightly more.

Will this be down to my initial acceleration with the extra weight??

MERCEDES CLS AMG
b*****d knocked me off 5th Spot :D

Seriously though well done Jay, watch your back becuase I'll be gunning for that spot soon enough, the Williams is coming out of retirement to run soon enough!

lol - Orville the duck with Kieths hand up its shltter could knock you from 5th spot you pussy

Nippy white cup

it was one off lol york's strip is pish compared to pod....there is a reason I have'nt been to york since summer 06!
I am currently raping my overdraft to get a swap sorted for my civic so I can join the fun again!

They have made a few small changes since then fella...sticky stuff on the launch area and a smooth concrete bit near the burnout area which gets some proper heat into the tyres.

Lol at the 'lardy Cup' was some pretty close races but that one you hooked up spot on

Chris

Nippy white cup
hybridyork13s5xu.jpg

Shot at 2006-04-17

My best to date in the mk1 172 full interior, amp rack and heavy 2118's at crappy Crail is 14.4 @ 99.6

My 60ft time and 1/8 th of a mile time is a lot less than the above but the terminal speed is slightly more.

Will this be down to my initial acceleration with the extra weight??

Maybe the downhill? ;)

Seriously though I would be surprised if you got 'a lot less' than that and that terminal speed doesn't seem right compared to the time you got

14.4 would probably be about 96mph usually unless you have a turbo and struggle off the line. 99mph would normally relate to a sub 13 imo

Chris

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
They have made a few small changes since then fella...sticky stuff on the launch area and a smooth concrete bit near the burnout area which gets some proper heat into the tyres.

Lol at the 'lardy Cup' was some pretty close races but that one you hooked up spot on

Chris

;) aye was some good close doo's.....*ah the good old days*

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Crail's terminal speeds are always higher due to the downhill....but I hear the launching surface is pish....running at a grippy day at pod can knock 0.2 / 0.3 off your time at crail imo...but you might lose 0.1 of that due to pod being a 'level playing field' lol

Ph1
Yeah there's no grip at all off the line. Right hand lane is also the ''quick lane'' haha

Crail's good as a rough guide and is pretty good value for money (15 notes unlimited runs)

Audi TT 225 Quattro

get in there son, hope its another mk1 your after;) :D