ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sat Nav/ IPOD

Hello

I have a 172 and everytime I try and use my tom tom in my clio I struggle to get any reception. Is this because of the UV protected glass?

Also does anybody know the easiet way to contect the ipod to my cd player? But i want it so i can operate it from the steering wheel controls not the ipod.

Many Thanks

what tom tom do you have the older go 300 500 700s require an aeria to get a good signel

i needed one in my old clio for my 700

Last edited:
  Black 197
On my 182 just above the clocks and stuff you can see a square like cut out in the glass, Was told that was for better reception on GPS, Not sure how true this is as dont use satnav often but when i did i had no reception problems

And is your HU aftermarket or standard ?? If its Standard you can buy a device called "Tunepoint" from either Renault or fleebay and that has the ability to use Ipod, USB blah blah, If its an aftermarket HU then not entirely sure unless its made for ipod or has the ability and you have the stalk adaptor

Dont know if that helps at all

Was a 197
thats wot the little cut out is for GPS reception, was told that by an auto windscreens bloke, so like ross, says as close to there as possible

On my 182 just above the clocks and stuff you can see a square like cut out in the glass, Was told that was for better reception on GPS, Not sure how true this is as dont use satnav often but when i did i had no reception problems

And is your HU aftermarket or standard ?? If its Standard you can buy a device called "Tunepoint" from either Renault or fleebay and that has the ability to use Ipod, USB blah blah, If its an aftermarket HU then not entirely sure unless its made for ipod or has the ability and you have the stalk adaptor

Dont know if that helps at all

Its a standard HU. I will start searching for this Tunepoint. Thanks