ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sat-Navs - where do you lot mount them? Pics pls

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Now before any one comes out with the - dirmmmmm window?? comments i know lol, I'm trying to find some where on the Ph2 172 that functions & looks smarter than on the window, toying with this idea

DSC00642.jpg

What do you think? I'm not one of those ppl that needs to look at it 24/7, just the od glance to make sure i'm on route, do like the idea of the sun visor but its to in your face :dapprove:

James

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Tbh even if you only glance at it now and again i would still say thats a damageous place to put it.

Saying some people put them on places on the windscreen that must obstruct their view.

Mine is always right down low on the drivers side.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
got no pics but when i use mine it goes at the bottom right of the window just above the tweeter

Storm Grey 200
Its all about the bottom right of the screen, i dont get those twatters who have it in the middle like they are in a bloody x-wing, blocking the view.

PH1 iceburg
brought a hlder off ebay that mounts it to the heater vent. I dont like the sucker marks on the windscreen (OCD). Only 6 squid but best one i've used.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Centre low down or bottom right. Mines normally bottom right drivers side just in finger reach (naughty I know when travelling)........ my road angel camera/laser detector sits low at the centre of windscreen.

I have seen people (though not on clios) with their Satnav bang in the middle of the windscreen under the mirror.

However it's down to personal preference but think putting it in your cup holder is a bit too low, I'm sure everyone can get from A to B without looking at their SatNav it's when you get to B that you need to use it so a short glance with your eyes at the windscreen is probably safer than physically looking down to see where you need to go and ending up in the back of someone in front!

Never above 25mpg
In the middle always. Never take the mount off the windscreen! Have it so the bottom of the sat nav (when mounted) perfectly sits in the cubby hole on the top of the dash! and theres also space for my mobile to stay there too. Its good for driving as I don't have to move my eyeline away from the road whereas I might if I had it mounted above the tweeter.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Well i've had it like most say, to the right hand side, tight to the A pillar but every one keeps commenting on the marks on the window :mad:, so today i cleanned the window & just put it in the cup holder to see what is was like.... may just mount it in the top holder on the dash like pictured above

in m 106 i stuck mine to the door window. because im tall and sit far back it was enough to see in the corner of my eye, just like glancing at the mirror

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
for some reason i have always wanted to build one into the heater vent lol that would be awesome IMO lol

jamie

nothing at the moment
i'm looking for a vent for this purpose. i took the dash off an hour ago and its totally possible. will call renault after christmas to try to source one.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Right, done 800 miles across france with it in the cup holder slot, no probs at all :)

May try the air vent idea too chef_32