ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sata to USB External Drive Enclosure

500bhp Scoob
Just been given a couple of 300gb SATA Maxtor drives, and want to get an enclosure for them.

I've been hunting about and found a nice enclosure, but it seems its only a PATA enclosure, its also a media centre, so plugs straight into the tv and shows the video files etc... Sumvision Aqua media enclosure.

Just wondering if there is a solution for SATA drives, as i'd like the feature of just plugging in the enclosure to my TV and using the remote to select the movie i want to watch.

If anyone can recommend a decent one, if one exists that can be a media centre aswell, otherwise just after a SATA enclosure with USB2, and lan if possible :)

Cheers

500bhp Scoob
problem being is I use a laptop so USB2 or Firewire is the only way.
Would prefer USB as I can connect it to any computer :)

Can't find many in a good price range that have either LAN, or the media centre thing built in so I can just attach it to a TV and watch films etc.

Shame I didnt get normal IDE 300gb hd's :(