ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Satans Jubilee

ValverInBits
Why is it that renault use these really annoying alternatives to a jubilee clip on the coolant circuit hoses.
Every time i want to unclip the bottom hose I always find that pliers slip off the B*st*rd :banghead:

Incase you don't know what I'm on about yet they are like a highly sprung clip that needs to be squeezed with pliers and pushed back up the hose so the hose can be released.

IS THERE A TOOL FOR THE JOB?
would probs look like this:
wanted.gif

Lots of Alfas
lol, I know what you mean, no matter how many pliers I have none of them grip it and pull it off at the same time. Ive nearly got round to replacing them all with proper ones.

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
i know exactly what you mean, especially when theres just enough room for your hand, never mind a great big pair of pliers!

there is a proper tool for it though im sure

I remember those things, they were green on my valver. I took them all off when I flushed the system & replaced them with jubilee clips.

You can undo them with an adjustable wrench, but it's a pain.

LY 182
i just use mole grips.
they are easier really for easy to get to ones as they lock.
but i do have a tool like was posted above except remote the actual clamp end is on a long bit of cable for hard to access ones like on jag s type heater valves