ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Satisfaction!

1.2 extreme, now in bits
Was just wondering whether anybody else has a sence of personal satisfaction when they fix their own car?, I find its the same sort of satisfaction as roling off your misses then going for a couple of pints!:rasp:

After being told by a garage 'You'll struggle to pull that dent out son, give me your hard earned £400 and i'll do it for you'.

I thot screw that, I wouldn't call myself a mechanic, just understanding th ehayes manuel is hard work for me :eek:, so after a rake around some of the forums on here I found the topic I was looking for, yanked the inside of the door off and beat the dent out to within an inch of it's life.

Happy days!,

mike 1, garage 0 :lolup:

Storm Grey 200
It does feel great. Im just painting my cup spoiler and had to fill cracks and shiz, and its all coming together, and its satisfying.

1.2 extreme, now in bits
still gona need to take it somewhere to get the paint looked at, but it's dis-believing how they can just decide, 'yeh thats xxx to fix it' i.e you dont have a clue how to fix it, so i'll take you for a ride., but yeh i'm well chuffed :D

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Buy an older car!! They are so much more simple and easy to learn on. I've learnt so so so much owning a mk1.

Cant tell you how good it feels when you suceed in doing something yourself on the car. I find when i start something, always end up failing and struggling to do it, but finally get it done! great feeling. But then tell others what i did and what i had to go through, and they dont appreciate it lol

Good on ya mate!

1.2 extreme, now in bits
tbh mate, i'm not into the whole repairing it when it needs fixed, don't really no the first thing about cars!, but am considering replacing her for an older model, more to do with cost than repairability tho., but thanx anyway :D