ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Saxo VTR

Quote: Originally posted by CLIO14RT on 14 February 2003

As i have said before my car is faster than a £22,000 2.0 Lexus IS200 TO 60mph which has a new variable valve Jap engine so all the RT needs is a little money spending on its engine and suspension then the car is happy for everday traffic or trackdays and will put massive grin on ya face. Any modified car is better than a standard one regardless of type IMHO.

Hmm, interesting opinion there mate. Well my car is quicker than a £55,000 X5 with a new 4.4 variable valve bmw engine. Thats what price tag has to do with performance ! abosultely nothing. A Westfiled mega busa will destroy £100,000 so called sports cars for the princly sum of £15,000.

You go on to say that in your humble opinion any modified car is better than a standard one regardless of type. Well for the future of the car industry, i am glad it is just your opinion, because that is utter crap. Car manufacturers spend billions developing cars (all be it to strict euro guide lines now), but do you think for one minute that your modified 1.4RT (and i am not taking anything away from you or your car) is better than even a standard clio cup, let alone a standard 996 porker turbo ?

Cheers

Jonthan

If you want to see some videos of a VTR mildly tuned, (zorst, lowered, induction kit) then have a look at the videos on my site http://www.saxo-vtrs.co.ukhttp://www.saxo-vtrs.co.uk.

Glad to see some rational disscusion going on about different cars and not the "All Saxo/Fiestas etc..etc...etc... are sh*t!" ramblings :D

The VTR is indeed very good value for money, handles very well as long as you have big balls, just dont lift off when high speed cornering, (Maybe all FWD will lift off oversteer if pushed hard enough, but most wont as abruptly as 205GTi/VTR/VTS/106Gti will, because most hatches have been designed to understeer as the speed increases for safety whereas the mentioned hatch backs have been designed to lose the back very quickly and easily if required and if youre not ready for it you will go backwards at high speed through a wall!

My mate rolled his RSi this way, I have gone sideways round a bend on the wrong side of the road doing this at 25mph in the dry!! :eek: and there are numerous stories of going backwards over roundabouts on SCC.

Gotta love em, pure fun factor driving expirience:D

Go test drive one now!

Quote: Originally posted by Jonto on 15 February 2003

You go on to say that in your humble opinion any modified car is better than a standard one regardless of type. Well for the future of the car industry, i am glad it is just your opinion, because that is utter crap. Car manufacturers spend billions developing cars (all be it to strict euro guide lines now), but do you think for one minute that your modified 1.4RT (and i am not taking anything away from you or your car) is better than even a standard clio cup, let alone a standard 996 porker turbo ?
Far from me to say that a Cup or VTS are not great but the word or status standard is what’s the problem. A modified vehicle to me is infinitely more appealing. However i think you have taken me too literally. My Golf Cabriolet although not considered a classic is to me a great looking car as it is, so I will not be modifying it. IMHO the best looking car ever F355 Spyder I would also not touch because even given enough money and ideas I dont think you can improve on perfection. However the 1.4rt is a totally understated car and after i took ownership off the girlfriend i recognised its potential to look great now when the car is finished IMHO it will be better than any standard car because it will be personalised to my liking. This is my point, if your not a DIY modder then i dont expect you to understand the Lexus was purely an example that at first glance most people would back the Jap car to win, the price figure was irrelevant really.