ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Say Bye Bye To The OEM+ Euro Bucket & Hello To Mr Gti

1.8 8v RSi
Wasn't expecting to read that! That's a ClioSport icon! But staying with the club - hope everyone doesn't just call it 'Rage's old car' heh - I think that'd bug me, if I was the new owner.

I reckon you've made the right move for yourself - the Lupo being much more of a part of the Euro scene than the Clio at the moment of course - will you be hanging around here and giving us a project thread? Liking the sound of the TT red leather. Also I reckon if that was a straight swap, you did bloody well I think!

Good luck with it mate! Watch out for the weirdos in the VAG scene ;)

Dan

i can confirm its not nice to hear yur car being refered to as someone elses old car. im the 3rd cliosport owner of my rsi and got fed up of people calling it sambos old beast/rat ect. loved how it looked but had to change its looks cause of it.

PH1 172
^^ agree totally - one of the major things that annoyed me about the LY was the fact that everyone is NI in the local "modified scene" referred to MY car as "Harrys old car"

even when i changed to the 2118's i got it :(

anyway - Hello Mr GTI :)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
How on earth did you Pwn the gearbox and clutch dude?! What's the mileage on that bad boy? I know the gearboxes have a rep - that someone mentioned in this thread - but that's the most amazing piece of bad luck I've ever seen! Any chance of fitting the 6spd instead of the 5spd? Assuming you'd want to of course, is it a straight swap?

Chin up though dude - it can be fixed

Ahh i dunno. Span up out of a junction ( wet on an incline)...obv the car juddered and i couldnt get any gears :(. Gay...yeah the 6 speed is a straight swap, and what ill be opting for...just looking around for one now :p

yeah it can be fixed..but its money i havent really got :(

Chin up dude, it'll work out :)

<hugs>

RenaultSport 172.
Fingers Crossed Ay...

Just got to put my box back on now...and it should be working again! wooO!

RenaultSport 172.
ok, so the previous owner had uprated the basket, on the original clutch, that couldnt cope with the uprate..so this is the result :/
Snapped mount and basket...no wonder i couldnt get any gears!

Snapped Damage

070920081138.jpg

New Clutch Bolted On :)

070920081139.jpg

RenaultSport 172.
just putting the 5 speed box on fella..thinking about a 6 speed but...sticking with the 5 for the time being :)

cant wait to get my hands on it...:p

All im saying is 10J, Pulled, Air & Red Leather ;)
Treat Yourself.....

clio 197
just putting the 5 speed box on fella..thinking about a 6 speed but...sticking with the 5 for the time being :)

cant wait to get my hands on it...:p

All im saying is 10J, Pulled, Air & Red Leather ;)
Treat Yourself.....

will 10" go on a lupo, even with pulled arches.?
air ride is deffinately the way forwards...

jase...
www.clio197.net

RenaultSport 172.
Great deal on your part.... i recognise that car from clublupo

Tom

cheers tom...:)
dont suppose you know any info about it do you?

vwill 10" go on a lupo, even with pulled arches.?
air ride is deffinately the way forwards...

jase...
www.clio197.net
ha, anything can go on matey with the workmanship ;)

1.8 8v RSi
ok seriously. as nice as airbag suspension looks. its stupidly heavy and i wouldnt of do it to the gti as you dont see many around. but your choice. i think some ultra low coilies will be enough

RenaultSport 172.
ok seriously. as nice as airbag suspension looks. its stupidly heavy and i wouldnt of do it to the gti as you dont see many around. but your choice. i think some ultra low coilies will be enough
yeh the gti's are abit rare...dont see many at all tbh...but hey. i dont do things by halfs phoneix...and you know that ;)

shame clio has gone but looking forward to seeing what you're going to have done to the lupo.
cheers mate :)

love the lupo, how's the performance???
wiley
id tell you if it wasnt up on axel stands outside still :(
seems pretty nippy tho )