ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*Scary Moment!! My valver on fire!! :o*

Well very nearly at least!!! ;) lol

Driving her last night (having just shown a toyota something whos boss lol) i pulled up at my destination to find smoke pluming through my valver bonnet vent!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: FnCK FnCK FnCK!!

Turn her off, whip open the bonnet SMOKE!! FnCK FnCK FnCK!!

Let it clear - the cover is missing from the top of my engine!! :eek: :s FnCK!!

.....and its cooking on my manifold!!!! :eek: :eek: lol FUUUUUUUUUCK!!

The end result.....

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1098173243__Image670.jpg
Fnck fnckedy fnck fnck fnck!! lol

Had to scrape a load of melted on plastic from my manifold with a screwdriver before i left for work this morning too! :( lol

Is it ok to drive my car about for the moment without that cover on the top or do i need to get a replacement asap?? :s

LOL i think its a common problem, mine did exsactly that and ive never got a replacement, should be fine. Justy have to put up with toxic fumes coming through your vents for a few days!

don't

burning plastic smells terrible, i feel 4 ya

also the shock and fright at seeing the smoke is awful, ive been there, although i was in a public carpark at the time and there was sh!t loads of smoke due 2 my rad hose breaking and dumping water on manifold lol

i got some lovely looks lol

TT 225

PMSL!! Its only funny cos I did the exact same thing a year ago or so. It does stink for a while, but you dont need to replace this cover at all - its just to make the bay look a bit prettier.

Replacement covers are about £15 from Renault.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

That happened to my mates 19 16v the other week.

The Smell is the worst!

lol thanks people! :)

Didnt think that cover was important cos all the BB turbo clio 16vs ive seen have the cover removed anyway! ;) lol

Think it actually looks much better without the cover on!! :D lol

Engine could do with a nice steam clean and a new manifold heatshield too! :) lol

As for the smell of burning plastic!! ICK!!! :( Drove to work this morning with my sunroof and passenger window open - and heater on full hot blast!! lol Was frickin freezing outside!!

OMG sorry to hear that hun :(

Still sounds like its nothign too serious!! Never heard anyone do this before but hey ho ;)

bet that was scary!!

Vix

Im not the only one its happened to! Phew! Just be prepared for it to stink for a few more trips while the rest burns away!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

You cant even put that cover over the fatter ignition leads. Thats why BB one doesnt have one.

It just tidies it up, thats the only purpose it serves.

On my old RT a water hose burst - steam coming out of it like I was hiding a couple of naked sweedish birds and a sauna under the bonnet. For those few moments when I thought it was smoke my heart was in my rectal region.

lol - unlucky fella.... PMSL!!! Dont just love the smell of melted plastic in the morning ;)

I drove over a plastic Tescos bag once... i could see all the cars infront driving over it on the motorway.. my turn comes... i drive over it look out the rear view mirror = no bag.

Moments later i started feeling alittle high - pulled over and noticed the bag had got caught on the CAT and melted itself goodnproper!! Had one last good sniff and drove off. The smell lasted about 6months. I got used to it in, kinda liked the smell in the end lol

Quote: Originally posted by Glennclio16v on 19 October 2004

Yeah but rockport is a Bas-Vegas chav!! ;)

He used to get off on sniffing pritt-stiks as a kid!! :p lol
Yeah but thats not saying much... Your pritt stik is enough to make anyone high at a sniff from 500 yards.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Iain - the Clio might have been quicker but the Toyota didnt break....

Good observation there.

The car infront is a Toyota cause they dont break down !

(Ive cursed myself now)

dont know if it counts but i ran over a big lump of plastic, it battered the underneath of me valver (no damage) then flicked up and smashed my mates astra gte who was as usual chasing me only done a fog and bumper tho!!!

Think most valver owners have done this, me included lol!

New one is pretty cheap for Renault actually, but itll be fine without.....

172 Exclusive

That happened to mine but withe the cover that sits over the fuel rail but ah well there is a carbon one on its way now

silver valver/hybrid

mine did the same thing, after racing a prelude, thought i had fried the clutch at first!

lucky it was that! iv been going round for days smelling a wierd burning smell, checked everything and eventually found a tesco bag melted round my exhaust!