ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scatch X

1.2 Dynamique 16v
I put my car in for a cambelt kit and water pump. Job done.

They scratched my bumper slightly though. Only noticed when I got home. Looks like they have had a torch balancing on the lower grille, and scuffed it lightly.

What does Scratch X do? Whats it suitable for? How good is it?

Cheers

Not a 320d
Very light cutting polish, it will remove swirl marks with a lot of effort, I use it if I get a scuff which has just caused very very minor laquer damage. I also use it to remove scratches from behind door handles. All depends how bad this scuff is.

1.2 Dynamique 16v
OK. I took some pictures.

They aren't bad, but I'm a perfectionist about some things.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've done a quick polish over them with AG Deep Shine Polish. The smaller ones are barely noticeable. The black one is a tough one though.

Any advice appreciated.

I'd like to have a go at getting rid of these tomorrow?

Cheers

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Also, can a Moderator change the title to Scratch X.

I feel like a douche ''Scatch'' haha

Megane 230 R26 '08
Scratch X is good, also Ultimate compound is also good and can be used by hand with a MF. Just be sure to only use a little and work for a fair amount of time as the abrasives will cut then refine. (Ultimate compound is harsher than Scratch X)

Top pic looks like it's through the paint, scratch x wont work. Bottom pic might come out with some persuasion.

1.2 Dynamique 16v
So I should get the Scratch X and work on the smaller, finer scratches.

Should I get a touch up pen or something for the deeper ones? Or is there another solution?

To get those scratches out, From the pic looks like they will need to be wet sanded out slightly and polished black up, The black bits down to the paint will need to be touched in with a paint pen, Left to dry then wet flatted slightly and polished again.

Scratch X is only for light/medium swirls and wont really do much cutting.

Have a look on www.cleanyourcar.co.uk, for a heavier cut polish.

See here for touching in and wet sanding / correcting: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=20127

1.2 Dynamique 16v
What is wet sanding? It looks like something I could really mess up lol

On a scale of 1 to 10, how easy is it for a novice (1 being easiest)

about 6 or 7 in my mind for a complete begginer, too much and you will go through the lacquer to the paint needing a respray, But its really not that difficult, With a low cut sandpaper like 2500 left to soak in water, You just use soapy water as lube, And lightly sand away a very small layer of lacquer if you go easy, Taking the scratches with it...

It goes matt after that and the easiest way is to machine polish it using machine rotary etc with polish... but you would polish it back up to a shine with a heavy cut polish... still a fair bit of work by hand though... read some discussions over at detailing world: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum

Do a search :) might help you more than on here...