ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scenic drive in the 172

172, VX220t, Westfield se
I've had the 172 for a few weeks now, but I haven't had chance to give it a proper drive until today. So I gave it a quick wash this morning and then gave took for a 'short' drive which ended up lasting for 145 miles.

PICT4014.jpg

PICT4030.jpg

PICT4172.jpg

PICT4146.jpg

PICT4141.jpg

PICT4123.jpg

PICT4100.jpg

PICT4088.jpg

So far the car has lived up to expectations, good fun to chuck around country lanes and the CD autochanger and cruise control make it a useful motorway car.

Kirk :cool:

Nice pics, needs lowering. ;)

Don't want to sound boring but I'll be keeping it standard, its got to remain comfortable and reliable, so i'll be concentrating keeping maintained.

That said it may get some upgrade pads when the time comes and I keep getting tempted by Trophy wheels whenever I see a set up for sale. :eek:

looks lovely..... you got it f**king cheap. i was tempted to buy this

I take it you saw it on Autotrader?

Its got a lot of history with it, one owner from new and its been service by the same Renault dealer from new, with the last service including timing belt and a full set of springs.

It does seem to have been looked after, so I want to keep it that way.

Kirk

Cheers for the link.

Thats the car, but I brought it for a fair more than that, from an advert rather than auction. I didn't see the auction for it, I guess the auction fell through as I brought it over a week after that.

Its not completly mint a few scrapes here and there and curbing on the wheels, but it is in tidy condition and still a nice looking car overall. When the weather gets better I'm going to have a good detailing session, paint the engine cover and other bits which should smarten it up a bit as well.

Kirk

Last edited:
  172 ff
Don't want to sound boring but I'll be keeping it standard, its got to remain comfortable and reliable, so i'll be concentrating keeping maintained.

That said it may get some upgrade pads when the time comes and I keep getting tempted by Trophy wheels whenever I see a set up for sale. :eek:

looks like u had a fun day out mate. i got a 172 in the same colour keeping mine standerd aswell. where did u go on your little road trip.

Clio Sport 182
Car looks great, and i happen to recognise all of the scenery.. :cool:

If originally from that area and have taken many great pictures of my Quiksilver there.. :rasp:

Good stuff.

Thanks again guys :cool:

looks like u had a fun day out mate. i got a 172 in the same colour keeping mine standerd aswell. where did u go on your little road trip.

It was around South Wales. The earlier photos are in the Wye valley (its Tintern abby in the first photo) and then I headed up towards Brecon and then south throught the Brecon Beacons. Its a stunning area with some great roads.

Kirk