ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scorpian Exhaust Warranty

RB 182
Had my car in at Birchdown yesterday and they've advised that the centre section of my Scorpian RS192 has got two cracks in it (quite common from what I gather)

They seemed to think I should be able to get it welded but I wondered whether its worth trying to claim under the lifetime guarantee?

Only problem is the exhaust was on the car when I bought it so I wasn't the original purchaser.

Have heard good things about their customer service so was wondering if anyone on here had claimed from them and if they had to give any purchase information (reciepts etc) or if anyones got any advice on blagging a new centre section?

Cheers

Ben

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
you can try but I bet the small print is for the original owner only. I would have thought the shipping to Scorpion would cost you more than 2 mins with a welder to fix the cracks anyway.

Golf GTD Mk7
technicality surely. how changing owner affects the exhaust integrity is beyond me. After all, Scorpion won't have fitted the system themselves. I'm sure it's blagable.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my mate had the same issue, they sent him a new centre section and booked a courier to pick up the old one no quibbles, however he had only owned it for a few weeks so they never asked for any proof of ownership etc

RB 182
Just thought its worth ago, will give them a call and see i think. If it does work out much cheaper / easier to get it welded up I will do.

and somebody was telling me a few weeks ago they had never heard of scorpion exhausts cracking. Common fault indeed, the system they designed for the 306 gti6 was hopeless, so much so that they even redesigned the centre pipe but it still cracked. Cheap, poorly designed and manufactured exhausts.

RB 182
Wont be getting it under warranty by the sounds, they were asking proof of postage and said id have to courier it anyway. Need to find somewhere that can weld Stainless Steel now.