ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scottish Newbie!

clio 1.2 dynamique
Alrighty :)

i am a new member to this clio forum and i cant wait to start posting! i dont own a car as of yet as i only passed my driving test last week, however that will all change on wednesday as i am going to pick up my very own piece of france. a 2003 renault clio 1.2 dymanique :D:D only one down part... my insurer (more than) wont insure me untill i am 18 which is in November :O so my dad will be insured on it for the mean time :(

i have £200 left over from the sale of the car to do whatever i wont with :D so i am obv wanting to modify it whilst i wait on driving it so it will almost be finished come my bday! (well thats the plan) what are the best mods to do on this budget? i am wanting to:

lower it
tint the rear windows
darken the rear tail lights
get a 172 bodykit (eventually)
alloys (ideas appreciated)
subwoofer in boot with false floor

if anyone on here could help me that would be great, thanks

Clio 182
Alright bud, I stay in strathaven, so not far from yourself. I'd go for coilovers and 172 wheels, don't chav it up with halfords stuff! LOL

good luck with le voiture
Alan

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Welcome along mate, alot of scottish members on here. I gather your insurance was messy given that you've just passed?

Dan

clio 1.2 dynamique
Alright bud, I stay in strathaven, so not far from yourself. I'd go for coilovers and 172 wheels, don't chav it up with halfords stuff! LOL

good luck with le voiture
Alan

just along the road then :p i would want a set but i dont have the money this now :O i was going to buy a set of eibach lowering springs, maby drop it either 40mm or 60mm just for this now. i will eventually get coilys just not any time soon. yea i really like the 172 wheel but trying to find a decent pair is harder than i thought. i would love a set of 172 cup alloys (the turini ones) but there soo damn expensive :(

do you do much to your car yourself, i.e. fitment of various parts?

clio 1.2 dynamique
Welcome along mate, alot of scottish members on here. I gather your insurance was messy given that you've just passed?

Dan

cheers mate, yea i have noticed more and more scottish people on here :D yea man, the cheapist i had found was like 2g or something and then i went on more than and they would insure me with my dad on it for £1200 but the catch was that i need to be 18 :O! so looks like i am wasting petrol going up and down my driveway lol :p

clio mk1 RSI
welcome mate , I'm from cambuslang, remember if your dads insuring it then you will have to put the V5 in his name to or the insurance will be void.
stick to 15's no bigger than 16's for the wheels and get it lowered to your own liking.
oz f1's are popular.

dont waste any money trying to make it fast , just concentrate on the looks.

you will get all the parts on here or Ebay.

I have a brand new subwoofer and window tinting film if your interested.

dunlops on shettleston road in glasgow do the best light tint spray I have used £15, gives a really good finish, remember not to cover the reflectors as the roz will pull you, when they have nothing better to do.

are you going to be doing the work yourself or getting someone else to do it .?

Clio 197
With £200 I would get a few cheap mods:

Honda civic type R aeriel (around 5-10quid on ebay)
Silver visions (around £15 on ebay)
Renault sport front grill (around £50 on ebay or from renault)
Zunsport bottom grill (around £90 on ebay)
White LED number plate light (around 5quid on ebay)

Lowering it will cost more than 200 for decent springs. Should be able to get some alloys for under 200 - I'd go for clio 172 alloys.

Dont tint your windows unless your a chav lol (only joking its up to you)

Hope this helps a bit :)

clio 1.2 dynamique
welcome mate , I'm from cambuslang, remember if your dads insuring it then you will have to put the V5 in his name to or the insurance will be void.
stick to 15's no bigger than 16's for the wheels and get it lowered to your own liking.
oz f1's are popular.

dont waste any money trying to make it fast , just concentrate on the looks.

you will get all the parts on here or Ebay.

I have a brand new subwoofer and window tinting film if your interested.

dunlops on shettleston road in glasgow do the best light tint spray I have used £15, gives a really good finish, remember not to cover the reflectors as the roz will pull you, when they have nothing better to do.

are you going to be doing the work yourself or getting someone else to do it .?

how you doin? aw cool just down the road also :p i was looking for a set of 16's but dont know what? i love the turinis but they are soo expensive so a set of 172's would be grand :)

i am not that worried on the speed, just doing it for the looks, was thinking of a 172 rep?

what kind of subwoofer is it :)? would it link up to the stock HU aswell?

aw great thanks. might check them out sometime.

i would be doing the things i could do myself as i want to learn as i go along, but for other things i.e. lowering springs or whatever i would probs be taking it to a garage :O

do you do everything yourself??

cheers simon

clio 1.2 dynamique
With £200 I would get a few cheap mods:

Honda civic type R aeriel (around 5-10quid on ebay)
Silver visions (around £15 on ebay)
Renault sport front grill (around £50 on ebay or from renault)
Zunsport bottom grill (around £90 on ebay)
White LED number plate light (around 5quid on ebay)

Lowering it will cost more than 200 for decent springs. Should be able to get some alloys for under 200 - I'd go for clio 172 alloys.

Dont tint your windows unless your a chav lol (only joking its up to you)

Hope this helps a bit :)

i have that aeriel
i have ordered them last night
i am trying to get one asap
never seen one before :O
was thinking about geting all my light that super bright white way

eibach sportlines are about £150 new :D yea still on the hunt for alloys.

it was my dads idea, cos he had a BMW with the back windows tinted he thought mine would look good with them also :)

cheers simon

clio mk1 RSI
how you doin? aw cool just down the road also :p i was looking for a set of 16's but dont know what? i love the turinis but they are soo expensive so a set of 172's would be grand :)

i am not that worried on the speed, just doing it for the looks, was thinking of a 172 rep?

what kind of subwoofer is it :)? would it link up to the stock HU aswell?

aw great thanks. might check them out sometime.

would be doing the things i could do myself as i want to learn as i go along, but for other things i.e. lowering springs or whatever i would probs be taking it to a garage :O

do you do everything yourself??

yes mate I'm a mechanic, dont get the zunsport grille there pure gash looking. If you ever need a hand just let me know.

I will look the sub woofer out 2moro and pm you bud

if your going to change the springs and keep the standard shock I would stick to 15's, bigger wheels will make it slower and handle s**t.

Clio 197
Zunsport grills are like marmite - you either love it or you hate it lol

Take a look at them, but in black not silver. Silver one looks tatty I think.

clio 1.2 dynamique
i am affraid i needto agree with KEVRSI :) the zunsport grilles look awful, really cheap and chavy imo :O i will be keeping the standard dymanique bumper pretty standard appart from the rs grille :D

thats good to know mate, thanks :) might be getting in touch with you soon possibly ;D

that would be good if you can pm me about that sub (Y) do you know if it would work with the stock HU or if i would need a new one :O?

Clio 182
yup! have a look on ebay, there's normally bargin's to be found. Normal 172 16's would look great if it;s lowered right. My best mate has a garage so if it's a big job i take my car round there. Quite lucky in that respect.

clio 1.2 dynamique
lucky you :O i have just bought a set of 40mm lowering springs, hope to get them on soon. 172 wheels would look good when this has been done :)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome, im also from Scotland. up north though!

Get some pics up of the car, if your going to get tints, dont get limo shite. i had them on mine but just looks silly imo.

good luck with the car though :)

clio 1.2 dynamique
yea i will get some pictures up tomorrow at some point :D yea limo tints look too chavvy! was going to go for a light smoke tint? think that will be acceptable :D

clio 1.2 dynamique
need help ASAP!

got a new HU tonight and thought i would give it a go in fitting the thing (bad idea)
after it not securing in place several times and a few choice words i gave up and wired the stock one back in. however this is now my problem THE CAR WONT START :O! no turn over or anything. when i try to turn my ignition on the service light comes on, flashes then goes off. my coil light comes on then goes off. and my battery light comes on, then stays on.
have i basically drained my battery? my naibourgh tried to jump start it but he didnt really know what he was doing, and as i have never done one before neither did i really :(

can anybody help diagnose the car and tell me how to fix it.
i also live in east kilbride so if anyone is local and are passing through and fancy stopping to help a fellow clio'r i would be much appreciated :)

cheers simon

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my guess would be you have trapped a wire at the back of the headunit and shorted something out and blown a fuse. i had a look at one for a boy that was doing that before. sorted the broken wire, changed a fuse and it was sound!

clio 1.2 dynamique
not posted on here for quite a while now :O
i managed to fix my car again (woohoo!) i had blown the central locking fuse which shut down my whole car!!!
i will get some pictures of my car up tomorrow if the weather is dry enough as i have noticed i havent posted any pics at all :S

my to do list has also changed:

-gloss black roof and spoiler wrap
-window tints (i know some people may take a slight disliken to these :p)
-black alloys (possible 172 or 182 or even something completly different?)
-colour code
-xenon lights
-air filter/induction kit
-new exhaust

and the one i am still undecided on and i know its a no brainer really but lows. and plenty of it.
i bought a set of 40mm lowering springs on here a while back and still not fitted them to my car yet :O
i had finally convinced my dad to me getting them and then i bumped into this guy from ek known as 'Mic the D**k' and he told me every bad possible thing that could go wrong with them, but i still mintain that they are good and that i should stick them on,

so comments would be great on this and if you have any ideas on what i could do, try me and i will let you know if i like or not :)

cheers