ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scott's Super Clean PH1 172 Project Thread

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Re: My PH1 172

Can only be a handful like that in uk.

a middle aged fella has one from new just round corner from me. Always looks clean and doesn't drive it much. Often thought about leaving him an offer... He will prob end up trading it in for £500 :(

shame it's not iceberg, that's my only gripe

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Ill give you £2k for it right now.
Thanks for the offer Gaz, haven't made my mind up yet tbh and looking from the response on here i may keep it for a little while longer...:)

Looks superb, ride height is perfect, you seem to be in the same position as me, could do with a bigger car for the family but would miss mine too and know I would regret selling it.

Yes i am mate, my wife has a old Corsa but dose the school runs and a bit of shopping. I have my own van that i use every day so the Clio just sits under its car cover not getting used.
If we go out as a family, which is not very often then we could do with something a bit bigger. Also think that im a bit to old for the car being 37 now.

If i was to sell it and buy something bigger then i would loose my toy, it would then end up being a car that my wife would drive and i would have nothing to allow me to escape the mad house...(sometimes just enjoy spending the day cleaning it)
Still need to get the suspension set up so may get it sitting a little lower at the rear, also thinking about getting the wheels spaced out a little. Catch 22 mate...

Titanium I would say.

And you would be right mate...:)

Probably the best ph1 i have seen on here!

Thank you mate...:D

Dont sell it, like you say nice ph1's are hard to come by ;)

Yes they are, i love it but maybe i could do with something a bit more grown up but i do love driving it and know id miss it.

Pics of xr2 please :cool:

The XR was rotten so i stripped it and have bought another good condition shell which i was going to build into a track car, ive got a 2.0 zetec and GSXR 1000 TB.
My plans where to sell the Clio at the beginning of last year and put that money into the XR but i then ended up spending £1000 on the Clio and havent done anything to the XR so im going to sell it on as a un finished project.

Zetch head, GSXR 1000 tb using a Focus ST 170 inlet manifoid
IMAG1055_zps8fa3e39d.gif

Engine bay all seem welded
IMAG0879.gif

Fitting of new front.
IMAG0888.gif

thats a lovely clean example of a phase1, im only up chadwell have to make sure i dont get caught in my tatty one near yours lol.
+1 for pics of xr2 love them, wouldnt have my pug if they didnt suffer from rot

We will have to meet up mate or pop over, it will nice to get to know others in the Clio world

That's such a great example, so nice to see such a fresh an tasteful ph1

Cheers mate.

I want that in my life!!

What a great example!

I try to look after it, if i can make my mind up it could be up for sale..

Looks great matey.

Cheers mate, the paint could do with a detail if i`m being fussy

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

Oh now that's just awful. Looks like an embarrassment to you and your neighbours having that shed on your drive. Do they know it's French ? I hope not... I feel for you.

Let me take it off your hands.

:evil:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Oh now that's just awful. Looks like an embarrassment to you and your neighbours having that shed on your drive. Do they know it's French ? I hope not... I feel for you.

Let me take it off your hands.

You sound just like the guys i work with, they call it a french crap car....lol

Oh go on then, you be doing me a favour...:rasp:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

You sound just like the guys i work with, they call it a french crap car....lol

Oh go on then, you be doing me a favour...:rasp:

It's a stunner. If you ever decide to sell, I'm only around the corner...

If you want those Coilies set up properly, go and see Mark Fish in Harlow.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

It's a stunner. If you ever decide to sell, I'm only around the corner...

If you want those Coilies set up properly, go and see Mark Fish in Harlow.

Cheers mate, i was going to get AMD in Lakeside to set it up but maybe ill give Mark a call.

Scott

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Minter, keep that and keep it mint or alternatively sell it to me :)

Getting lots of offers on the car, part of me wants to keep it but a little bit wants to sell and carry on building the fiesta and track it.

Just spent £1000 on the Clio with the suspension, so ill try to keep it until the summer and at least get some use out of it i think :)

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF

Age is only a number - I'm 32 in August and can't face selling the 182. Might soon but only for a R26 or 200....

275 Trophy

That looks superb - don't sell!

Wish I could keep my ph1 in half as good condition as that, but being a daily, and black, it's impossible.

Also, I get the age and wanting something more grown up too. I'm staring down 40 and keep looking at R26's, but know I would miss the 172 so much...

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

That looks superb - don't sell!

Wish I could keep my ph1 in half as good condition as that, but being a daily, and black, it's impossible.

Also, I get the age and wanting something more grown up too. I'm staring down 40 and keep looking at R26's, but know I would miss the 172 so much...

I think it would drive me mad as a daily tbh, clutch is hard and its a bit bumpy now but getting back into the Clio after not using it for a few weeks is a nice feeling.

Would like a black PH1 but only as a toy as id like to keep it mint.

Cheers for the comments.

172 cup

Very very nice, worth more than 2k all day long - keep it and enjoy it, you'll only regret it and never be able to replace it - been there and done that :dapprove:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Very very nice, worth more than 2k all day long - keep it and enjoy it, you'll only regret it and never be able to replace it - been there and done that :dapprove:

Yes mate was thinking the same.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

Yes mate was thinking the same.

Yeah had to laugh at offers of 2k. So many sheds being sold for 1k and average ph2s for well over 2k. I wouldn't contemplate selling yours or mine for less than 2500. Mint ph1's are going to start going up in value

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Yeah had to laugh at offers of 2k. So many sheds being sold for 1k and average ph2s for well over 2k. I wouldn't contemplate selling yours or mine for less than 2500. Mint ph1's are going to start going up in value

Hard part is i spent about £1100 on it in November and haven't used it much only done about 2-300 miles so it would be a big loss of £££££ at the moment.

Look after it and i guess it will be worth the same next year.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

There does seem to be an abundant lack of nice Phase 1's at the moment in fairness.

I suppose it just depends on how desperate the seller is and how much the buyer wants it etc etc

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

I agree, If someone wants a minter they will pay above what the market dictates.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I paid £3850 for an absolutley mint 39k Iceberg Phase 1 in 2008, by far the best car i've ever owned. I miss it daily lol.

Reno1.jpg

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I never mate, i wrote it off going south bound out of the Clyde tunnel :(

I'd honestly still have it if that hadn't happened!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My PH1 172

Yeah there was oil or something on the road... Or a deer... or a speed limit or something! :eek: <3

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

I agree, If someone wants a minter they will pay above what the market dictates.

Yes i payed over the odds at the time for mine, it was not spot on perfect but they are getting hard to come by.
Millage was good, both owners had it for 5 years each (last owner loved it) and wads and wads of paper work etc....

172 cup

Hard part is i spent about £1100 on it in November and haven't used it much only done about 2-300 miles so it would be a big loss of £££££ at the moment.

It's never going to be worth less than 2k next year imo.... Like I said you'll regret selling it and if you don't need to why would you? 2.5k isn't alot of money really, but is when it's gone and you can't replace it?? I've just agreed to purchase a mint ph1 for 4.5k - ok it has a very good spec and if yours was for sale at the time may well have looked at yours - nice car, keep it ;)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

I never mate, i wrote it off going south bound out of the Clyde tunnel :(

I'd honestly still have it if that hadn't happened!

Id be sick if that happens to mine, insurance company would end up paying out fook all.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

IMAG1157.jpg

Mine with a bit of sunshine, before the coilovers and still with the main dealer number plates.

Clio RS

Age is only a number - I'm 32 in August and can't face selling the 182. Might soon but only for a R26 or 200....

same here, I'm becoming 30 this year, also think that the car is not for my age, but I've had it over 5 years now, not a lot of mileage, about 85000kms (belgium) en still love it to bits!!! I has never let me down! We've bought a house and are moving stuff to storeage with our parents, it can take a lot!!! I'm definately not selling it!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

Really? Didnt have you down for being older! Have you any kids mate? My fiance is due our first in March!

Yes mate a 21 year old and a 6 year both boys. Son drives a white ph1, just a 1.2 though.