ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scratched glass ? Best product/method

CLIO PH1 172
Hey guys my boot lid glass has some pretty bad scratches on.

Was just seeing if there's a way I can get them out and what's best for the job.

Some scratches are deeper than others but if I can get most of the smaller ones out I would be very happy

Hope you can help :D

Not a 320d
Cerium Oxide and a machine polisher.

Replace the Window.

Use a glass polish (Although youll only really remove dirt and watermarks with some glass polishes)

CLIO PH1 172
Ok thanks guys I will get some AG GP tomorrow and see what I'm left with.

Again thanks for help!!

CLIO PH1 172
But as mentioned it may covet up sOme of the lighter ones, no?

Problem is I don't have a machine polisher, nore do I really want to change the glass.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Are there any places that deal with this kind of thing? I'd rather not have to change my screen if I can help it.

Not a 320d
Are there any places that deal with this kind of thing? I'd rather not have to change my screen if I can help it.

Pro Detailers maybe but youll have to shop about. Takes a lot of time too. I have a feeling the £70 excess would be a better bet.

But as mentioned it may covet up sOme of the lighter ones, no?

Problem is I don't have a machine polisher, nore do I really want to change the glass.

You asked lol. And no, I dont know if itll even mask the scratches but IMO that would be pretty pointless. Like I said though AG GP is only good for water marks and dirt.

M135i
I tried to Ceruim Oxide my glass on the Volvo. Did sweet nothing really. I'm just going to stump up the excess to get a new screen. It'll probably be ok for really, really light scratches, but the cost and hassle of trying to take the scratches out isn't worth it imo. It takes reeking ages and is a messy job.

Not a 320d
You need a rotary polisher, some thin polishing diuscs (Cant remember which they were) and some Cerium oxide powder. Mix it to your required grade, and spend f**king agers doing it. Takes a long long time.

Id sooner smash my windscreen by accident.