ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Screen Wash In My Power Steering tanks

Black Gold 55 182 2 cups
Wifey took tha car shopping yesterday when I was at work, as she has a wee play now and again.

Called to say the screen wash had run out, told her to get some and put it in the opening at the top left of the engine bay..........you can tell what came next!!! She didn't see the pull off cover for the screen one and only slightly topped up the PS Fluid as the car was still hot and she stopped when pink fluid came out.

I seen the bottle when she came back as she panicked and didn't do anything else.

What is the best way to replace this or can it be run?

Cheers

Skoda Fabia vRS
your gonna need the whole p/s system flushing out mate, expect to pay for about 4 lots of fluid

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Top left? Thats the brake fluid. Pretty stupid getting a woman to lift the bonnet IMO, bet she dented it.

Da

Less
Top left? Thats the brake fluid. Pretty stupid getting a woman to lift the bonnet IMO, bet she dented it.

Bottom left more like, and I doubt anyone could ever find the brake fluid reservoir without removing the engine cover! ;)

Top right as in passenger side is PAS reservoir and washer bottle is behind it under the flap.

Lionel Richie
with difficulty, i do the following

erm easiest way is to remove the return line from the PAS pump and hook up a hose into a bucket, disconnect the coil pack and crank the engine over

you will need a fair amount of fluid though, and have to repeat the process several times

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
tis a t**t to do!

the bleed screws are on the pas rack too, gutted

my sister did it in my 1.2
was easy on that, id just get a garage to do it. they wont know what there letting them selves in for LOL

Black Gold 55 182 2 cups
How will it f**k the pump? Is the sterering fluid not more visous than the screen wash?

Black Gold 55 182 2 cups
No sh*t m8. Never again. Phoning garages right now!!

How much should I be looking at from a local garage?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
The pump bearings are lubricated by the PAS fluid........imagine lubricating your engine with water - same principal

Black Gold 55 182 2 cups
No worries guys, booked in for Monday. First and last time she gets it.

The car I mean:evil:

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
we just disconnect the return line from the rack and point it in to a drainer. and run the car with new fluid comes though. put it back together and take it for a small drive and do that about 3 times.