ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Screwy intermittent wipers on 172 Cup

Clio 172 Cup
They have a complete mind of their own and don't take a great deal of notice what the the adjuster set to.

Is this a common problem?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Indeed. They won't be rain sensitive if it's a cup. I think they have the same wiper set up as the trophy. You can upgrade them by getting the stalk from a lower spec Clio with more speed adjustment, iirc it's a common trophy mod (did it to mine) so might be worth asking around to see where the best place to buy is.
I think there's a few guys on here that are involved in salvage, they may be able to help.

Clio 172 Cup
It's definitely a Cup. :)

The adjuster will be set and the wipers will work normally for a few minutes then start wiping continually for a few strokes then pause for however long they feel like, wipe and pause again maybe, wipe a couple of times then do nothing for a few seconds...

You get the idea.

A ANIMAL
It's definitely a Cup. :)

The adjuster will be set and the wipers will work normally for a few minutes then start wiping continually for a few strokes then pause for however long they feel like, wipe and pause again maybe, wipe a couple of times then do nothing for a few seconds...

You get the idea.

Just sound's buggered mate

Clio 172 Cup
Ha ha. I figured as much but hoped some smart-arse might offer an alternative.

Thanks fellas.

172 Cup
I've found that with mine the speed adjuster only works on the first wiper setting (as it should), however when it's set on the first notch it seems to make it's own mind up when it wipes but on every other notch it seems to be controlled. So it looks like I'm having the same problems as you but only ever on the first notch, so I can live with it.