ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scuffed 182 alloy, help.........

The inevitable has happened, although i thought it wouldnt have taken a bit longer than a few months to scuff a wheel......

Where would be a good place to get it done?

Im really paranoid that if i get it done at any old place the wheel will come back a slightly different shade,

I live in south east only thing is i dont have a spare wheel so sending it off will be tricky.... Who can you recommend?

Ta

Rob.

dk

911 GTS Cab

this may come up alot I feel and I cant see it being a nice answer, I would say its going to be a new wheel to completely cover it up but I would be interested to hear if anyone has any good ideas.

I can help you for the cost of a McDonalds... Ill come around and scuff the other three so youve got a matching set :p

Any more info about them bill where are they based?

Did you have too send the wheel away?

Are there companys who will do it why you wait??

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 23 August 2004

I can help you for the cost of a McDonalds... Ill come around and scuff the other three so youve got a matching set :p
LoL Sounds like a fair deal could try and start a new trend......:)

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by rwaterman on 23 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 23 August 2004

LoL Sounds like a fair deal could try and start a new trend......:)
LOL, if scuffed wheels are a new trend then Ive been a fashion king for years :D

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by bill11 on 23 August 2004

Look them up on internet they are national and the price for a new rim is about £113 plus VAT
:eek:

Tell me that is with a tyre!!!!!!!!!!

Mate done his on his 16" OZ super Ts some bloke came round to his house and refurbed them, you could not tell the difference. The bloke who does it is well established as he repairs a customers £800 alloys (that is £800 each for each alloy).

I will get a number for you, where are you based?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 23 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by bill11 on 23 August 2004

Look them up on internet they are national and the price for a new rim is about £113 plus VAT
:eek:

Tell me that is with a tyre!!!!!!!!!!
Of course not. The tyres are a similar price to that on their own.

So a 4 set of Cup wheels is RRP at £531 :eek:
The OZ SuperTs Im looking at are £600, so would have expected the standard 182 wheels to be lower.

Quote: Originally posted by Matt 172 on 24 August 2004

Mate done his on his 16" OZ super Ts some bloke came round to his house and refurbed them, you could not tell the difference. The bloke who does it is well established as he repairs a customers £800 alloys (that is £800 each for each alloy).

I will get a number for you, where are you based?
I am in the Sidcup area (south east) i would prefer someone to come to my door , dont mind paying that little bit extra.....

Mate lives just outside of Bromley i think Bexley heath, i will get the Number for you, The bloke came to his door and did it, he may be able to come to your work, not 100% sure of that but i know he will come to your door.

I should be able to get the number to you tomorrow

i have cuffed mine twice same wheel, i got it done at a place called Simtec, did a really good job, couldnt even see it, they are in swindon, i think they may come out to you, have to ask, if you want the number pm me and i will give it to you.

:D