ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seano's Time Attack Civic

DCi 100
Just afew pics I grabbed up at TDi North yesterday.

5569542136_85669142cf_z.jpg

5569542366_130bc31bec_z.jpg

5569541884_af89a35911_z.jpg

5568956123_29d765b4c0_z.jpg

5569542706_5fbdc72117_z.jpg

5566116555_f6549056fe_z.jpg

Large sizes here; http://www.flickr.com/photos/46049422@N07/sets/72157626250064199/

Sean will be running the car at Oulton Park on Saturday 16th April :)

Cheers

love how you post this but leave NO detail alex, Seano asked me n christopher to sort it out yesterday ready for oulton part TA meet. i think we did a stellar job :D

DCi 100
Don't give two I wouldn't have even posted them if it wasn't for linking them over to Sean

Going later on at night, Oulton in the morning for 10/10:30 ish

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't do much for me i'm afraid.

Thanks for posting. though. :eek:

TrackCar & F30 330d
Interesting place for the battery!

Makes a change from people reloacting their batterys to the boot to aid weight distrubution!

whats with what arch gap? its in the workshop being built up so its noway near finished.

it has just had Injector Dynamics 1000CC put in y'day - she sounds like OEM on startup and tickover - shes on a wide band ECU.

susp is AST racing ones, seans happy with them and TDI have been working on them for a while, i know alot dont like the ASTs but i cant say as i've never raced with them.

Battery will be moving when the cars had a few more hours on it, dynoing it is the aim at the mo with the new engine in. oh and arches rolled as the bigger tyres and wheels (due to switch from toyo to pirelli) are rubbing like hell.

best option to fit on the tyres. he has a set of 17 superleggeras on the otherside that he wants to use but the tyre/wheel crap dont allow it.

R26, Williams II, EP3
Hi Guys

Its very much a work in progress and certainly isn't finished yet! Basically this was the first fit of the new wheels and we've just lashed the intercooler and supercharger cooler in place for running a brand new engine in prior to tuning. The oil cooler isn't even on yet!

I'll try and answer some of your questions but in no particular order.

Battery - well this shell is the ex Scott Whitelaw former 1/4 miler car and used to hold the Euro FWD. They like shifting weight forward - I'd like it in the back and it will be going there when I have the time and inclination (buts its not on the priority list at the mo). It will be going back under the bonnet for now though.

AST's are Sportsline 2 with custom springs and racefluid. The rear mounts are also rose jointed. If anything, we will probably be going a bit softer this year with the change from Toyo R888 to Pirelli PZero's - which are now the series sponsor. Pirelli offered us three choices of tyre the best being a PZero (rather than a Rosso or Nero) but the downside is that we needed to swap to 18 inch wheels. Its not so easy to go to 18*8 wheels on a chassis/suspension set-up that was built round 17*7.

Power - well who knows yet? I know what I'm hoping for, but we will have to wait and see. In 2009 we were getting about 440BHP for the first 4 round. After changing the fueling system and getting off a standard back box she was running 490@8.2 at Snett.
In 2010 I went completely the wrong way changing to a low compression engine - suits a turbo K20 - doesn't work with a supercharger. We barely made 400 BHP. Our miserable season came to an abrupt end with a complete engine failure at Brands.

DSC00418.jpg

DSC00087r.jpg

DSC00088r.jpg

Verily a 6K shocker.

Car suffered nightmare brakes too - over the winter I've pretty well changed the lot and finally we seem to have some - which is nice!

So a quite a bit of work to be done - but overall I think we are in a good postion.

So lets hope we can soon be doing a bit of this again

dtkh.jpg

Thanks for the interest and coments - come along and say hello.

Seano

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
its an odd ball one, no one seems to make pistons for supercharged applications, its either high or low (turbo) comp available, need a good middle ground for a sc, what have you done for this season with regards to that?

R26, Williams II, EP3
I've got some special Cosworth forged pistons that have been made to Ian @ ClockwiseMotion's spec. They are a little lower than standard NA pistons and I hope thats going to crack it. I guess the problem was my niavity - if you are flowing the same volume of air from the compressor as a turbo you need turbo compression = Fail. We don't have a turbine impellor restricting the exhaust gas.

Time will tell if we have got it right. I've actually upped the boost 10% aswell :eek: That might not having been too clever as we have come off semi slicks and gone to road tyres.:eek:

Thanks for the pics Chris - I'll sort you guys some tickets for OP.

Seano

R26, Williams II, EP3
Its just a little shy of 11:1 and .45KG/S airflow . We are keeping to 8600 RPM for now - beyond that you have to change oil pump to prevent cavitation and you need to watch your valve springs. VTEC kicks in @ 4K so you have an effective rev range of 4.6K.

Drop out of it or grab second and she tends to torque steer quite badly.

Seano

R26, Williams II, EP3
Hi Fred - I've replied to your PM. As long as there isn't a rod through the side, they're usually worth repairing. There's a big market for them especially as donors. Somebody like Ian@Clockwise is your best bet - he will strip one on the bench in half an hour and tell you exactly what needs doing, what it would cost and whether he might be interested. Even if the bottom end is scrap the head is worth quite a bit if its straight and all of the iVTEC components are healthy.

Sean

this is a huge occasion.

fred used PM's...

beats PMS, i suppose.

sean, riad and a photographer from leeds want to use TDI for a rigged and lit shot of the car, i'll clean it before again and tdi are welcome to have some cars done in there too. ring me tomorrow if you can to discuss, i'm free all day.

DCi 100
sean, riad and a photographer from leeds want to use TDI for a rigged and lit shot of the car, i'll clean it before again and tdi are welcome to have some cars done in there too. ring me tomorrow if you can to discuss, i'm free all day.

Cool idea!

R26, Williams II, EP3
this is a huge occasion.

fred used PM's...

beats PMS, i suppose.

Sorry I was bit late seeing this - year end and all that.

When are you thinking about Naith? TP's Skyline, S2000 and Mugen look alike FN2 are normally about. The ROTREX drag Civic and this

dscf1090rs.jpg

will be back in for prep for the HKS series shortly.

Seano