ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sean's Monaco 172

Renault Master
Finally got ahold of one just been that busy with work and so on not really had a chance to get this thread started.

Overall it's a clean example been well looked after by the look of things and feedback from Rentec.

Plans are to keep it in good condition, get the car lowered, new wheels and tyres and some engine mods as and when I have time. Hoping to do a few track days next year.

Will get some decent pics up soon as It gets cleaned lol.

Cheers

20140516_205736.gif

Renault Master
Cheers guys, being dark helps hide a few wee bits lol. Mechanically its spot on so well chuffed. Just trying to get ahold of a garage so can give it a good clean and can start the mods. All takes time and money. Will have more pics up soon. When I need brakes will give you a shout G172.

Renault Master
Sincere appologies for the lack of updates. Works been hectic and we've been moving inbetween the other half starting a new job. Anyways, gave the car a good clean before heading through to see Kev at Protek Bathgate. All I can say is great things about the guy we had a great chat about requirements and reccomendations can't wait to get some work done there in the near future top bloke!
Since I was last on this, the car has had a new radiator, mats, a few mechanical things done(track rod end, brake pipe, handbrake cables) and a massive clean.
Got the car m.o.t'd, cooksports fitted (Finally) and service yesterday at Rentec, Edinburgh again top guys. Will have it back monday with more pics of springs fitted etc. So future plans are gonna change a bit.

Steering Wheel
Spacers
Brakes (Pm'd G172)
Cup Shocks & Possible Polybushes
Bodywork (Protek Bathgate)
Wheels & Tyres (After Winter)
Also a few other mods as and when I have the time as need to get stuff for the new flat.

Have finally worked out how to use photobucket as an app so uploading pics should be alot more frequent.
Sure I've missed some stuff out but a couple of pics from the other week to follow.

Sean

Last edited:
  Renault Master
Cheers dan, pics make it look good. Its amazing how quick this colour looks crap when dirty. Yours is coming on a treat too!

Titanium 182
Nice and clean, really good example here mate, looking forward to the things you have in mind, top stuff

Renault Master
Cheers its good to hear from others as I see it every day and notice the niggles lol. No cars perfect tbh.

Renault Master
Been a while since posted here/been on the forum. Got cooksports on what a difference very impressed, also got a sevice and m.o.t done last month. New rubber going on the moro, then it'll be rear brakes getting refurbed and upgraded pads etc, exhaust (ktec/supersprint) and then wheels refurbed before winter hibernation. Getting protek Bathgate to do some bodywork start of spring. So a slow project but getting there. Will get some pics up over the weekend after its been cleaned.

Sean

Renault Master
Cheers Dan, yeah huge improvement cant wait for some time of to give the car a proper clean. Any tips for the glass would be great lol!

Monaco 172
Lovely car mate. Monaco's an awesome colour to own ;)
Looks great sat on cooksports also, I've just fitted some yesterday, cannot fault them.

Renault Master
Clutch all done. Basically the entire front end has been replaced now too. All going well apart from how light my wallet has become.

Nice one bet its a huge difference hows the bite feel? Yeah know the feeling I've spent a fair bit on mine too but its a fun car and its making it better than it's been. Still trying to work out if i spend money on the bodywork or on engine mods as that will be the biggest cost.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one bet its a huge difference hows the bite feel? Yeah know the feeling I've spent a fair bit on mine too but its a fun car and its making it better than it's been. Still trying to work out if i spend money on the bodywork or on engine mods as that will be the biggest cost.

Bite is spot on and the pedal is much softer.

Yeah the front end refresh made a huge difference. Going to give it a spanner check at weekend and book it in somewhere decent to get the alignment done properly. All the local places round here do it to the left a little and it boils my piss.

Renault Master
Yeah bet it did least its another box ticked. i adjusted my exhaust and it stopped clunking wish i'd done it sooner. Getting my tracking done too the moro after new rubber, yeah i know what you mean lol.

Renault Master
Lovely car mate. Monaco's an awesome colour to own ;)
Looks great sat on cooksports also, I've just fitted some yesterday, cannot fault them.

Cheers Dominic was on a slight slope haha. Yeah prob one of the best mods! Its getting some love tomorrow hopefully the weathers good and will get some better pics up.

Renault Master
Bad and late replies sorry just car has been in partial hibernation, anyways a few updates. Got my brakes all sorted cheers G172, I got Brembo front discs, Brembo rear pads, Ferodo DS2500 Front pads, Goodrige Phantom Braided Flexis & some Ate brake fluid. Got this done in Feb, also got my exhaust sorted today got a ktec supersport stealth :)

Future plans, Enjoy driving it as only done about 2k miles since last may and spent alot of time and money on it so far but all improvements, refurb wheels, cup spoiler, and some interior stuff to sort possible respray or make it more track focussed still deciding. Getting new laptop soon as this phone is shite for using on this forum. So will have some pics up soon promise lol.

Sean

Last edited:
  Renault Master
A couple of recent pics after a quick wash.
Once again I apologise for the slow updates as the car was barely touched over winter, finally have a new computer so no excuses eh? Anyone got tips for windows 8 it's driving me mad lol.

I have decided the car is never going to see a track anytime soon so I'm going to stick with subtle mods and keep it clean and OEM ish.
Going to get it booked into Protek Bathgate as seems the best quality wise so far out of a few quotes, looking at late spring to get some bodywork done as discussed with GALLY aka Kev so will have pics of updates for that.
Quite happy with the car mechanically now espesh with the new brakes cheers G172 and exhaust was defo needed.

So future plans are as follows

New Car Matts
A Wee Bit Carbon Bling (Subtle) badges/bullets etc?
Wheel Refurb, need ideas for badges as I hate chrome maybe carbon badges on silver wheels?
Bodywork It looks well on pics etc but it's tired and front end needs some tlc, so a bit to be done and will treat it to a machine polish once all freshly painted.
Possible Cup Spoiler
Front Spoiler
Steering Wheel
New Stereo. I know not Oem but we all know how poor the standard one is.

Sean