ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

seat belt beeping noise

172 cup
IIRC they dont beep once seat belts are disconnected you just get lights on dash.

As for pre tensioners not firing im guessing you wont be bothered about that if your not wearing belt. 3.3ohm resistor, unplug grey connector under seat and tape it into place in the grey plug. No lights and no beep ;) cant take credit for it mind, theres a guide

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Open up the seatbelt socket thingy, just 1 or 2 torx screws iirc. Inside there is a pair of thin metal contacts, bend one away from the other and it will never beep/light up again.

When you put your seatbelt in it breaks these to stop the beep/light, so your just fooling it into thinking the belt is always in :)

You can see the contact bent back here:

IMG_0146.jpg

GTD, Lupo
Can you not just get a seat belt buckle and put it in the slot? I know on my 200 if i hold the red release button down it stops.

Paul

Silver 172
Open up the seatbelt socket thingy, just 1 or 2 torx screws iirc. Inside there is a pair of thin metal contacts, bend one away from the other and it will never beep/light up again.

When you put your seatbelt in it breaks these to stop the beep/light, so your just fooling it into thinking the belt is always in :)

You can see the contact bent back here:

IMG_0146.jpg

cheers mate, will give that a go later

btw - you do know that there is a clip under the seat (yellow one i thing) that when you unplug it...it stops the beeps..(dont know what else it stops though)..

save you opening up seatbelts etc...

this is on the 182 anways

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I have the light but no beep.

I am too manly for a belt. Belts are for little boys who are scared of going through the windscreen