ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat belts

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
50325B7B-CF59-496C-AB89-F99E75A5D865.jpeg
Don’t know if this is the right section but how/what’s the best way to get the colour back? Would gtechniq g4 trim restorer work? Or does anyone know how much they are new? Cheers :up:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Try it on the rears first to get a feel of it. Once hot don't be tempted to touch the plastic as it softens proper quick.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Theyre sometimes too far gone for the heatgun. Could try spraying them?
I’m not to keen on the idea of spraying them if they don’t come up good I’d be interested in new as long as the price isn’t stupid!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I tried finding new ones but gave up after a few hours . I'm tempted to see what happens with c4.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
why not just ebay another set- easy to fit
or, try a bit of wd40- it works revives plastic spectacle frames for a while

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I tried finding new ones but gave up after a few hours . I'm tempted to see what happens with c4.
I did think that would work but was unsure! I’m going to try now! Will report back!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Someone on here did a great job of making them red again.

I think it was mark but could be wrong.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Be easy to spray and lacquer them tbf. Depending how pikey you're feeling you can even leave them in the car and mask around them

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
A88B715D-F3E8-4E78-A487-AC2E02B3DD85.jpeg
C4 doesn’t work! It’s made them slightly better but not 100%! I’m not sure on the idea of spraying them!

Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Spraying wont be a good solution as the belt buckle will constantly be cracking the paint when you put the seat belt on.