ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat Ibiza Cupra 20vT

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
So last weekend I sold my BMW 320d and bought this from a friend on another forum.

After the first Saxo VTS, and Clio 172 I had I told myself never to buy another modified car, its so much harder to "bond" with a car someone else has already loved, and usually there is a reason IMO why the love has been lost. Since I've known Chris a bit now I was hoping this wouldn't be the same as the Clio/Saxo.

Spec list courtesy of Chris' advert.

Spec is as follows:

2004 (54) Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8 20vT (177bhp) (Engine code BBU)

Engine:

• SEATsport FMIC
• Forge Turbo Intake Pipe
• Forge 007P Re-circ Valve
• Forge throttle body hose
• Forge stainless intercooler pipe (removes pancake pipe)
• N249 bypass & removed
• Badger5 Phenolic inlet manifold insulator gasket
eBay special cone filter (LOL)
• 2.5” Blueflame full turbo back exhaust system including decat & removed middle box with 6x4 oval tip.
• Big Fish Tuning remap to 240bhp & 280ftlb.

Wheels & Tyres:

• Standard Cupra wheels powder coated anthracite
• Wrapped in Yokohoma Parada Spec 2’s
• Forge 20mm spacers on rear wheels.

Brakes:

• 4pot AP racing callipers
• Front 312mm Mintex discs and pads
• Rear Mintex discs and pads.

Suspension & Handling:

• FK Coilovers (lowered around 60mm)
• Shorter drop-links
• SEATsport Strut Brace
• Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar
• Forge rear strut brace

Exterior:

• De-badge
• De-wipered
Leon Cupra R Splitter
• Tinted side repeaters
• Short C3 aerial
• Colour coded SEAT front badge
• Relocated Cupra badge
• Pressed plates
• Flat-blade wipers.
• 8k HID’s
• Bright white 5 LED sidelights

Interior:

• Pillar mounted boost gauge
• Carbon wrapped centre console
• Sparco Sprint V bucket seats
• Sparco red harnesses
• Stripped out interior (rear)
• Interior painted satin black with custom fitted carpet

ICE & Security:

• Pioneer DEH-2000MP Head unit

115afd59.jpg

44bb8826.jpg

Picked it up on Saturday 9th June 2012.
The interior is quite sparce, this has to change. (no good for my 50 mile commute!)
e6103630.jpg

Luckily I managed to get the stock seats with the car, so they went in last night
c8b87a34.jpg

but...

1stworldproblems.png

I might look at getting some different seats in there in the future, but for now the Cupras will have to do!
Had to get it in the air for the first time on Sunday, the car was making a weird sound when I went over 60mph like a flapping, and there is a weird rumble thought to be a heatshield when the car is idling.
Used my trusty costco jack ;)
28b0d7ca.jpg

I found that the undertray only had one screw in it, and was flapping about very loosely (now sorted) and the rear rumble is the exhaust on the rear bumper, so I need to get some bigger rubbers for the rear two.
I hope to give the car some TLC, get the interior back in and upgrade the audio over time. Full thread will be up this weekend, it was a bit of a rash decidison buying the car due to a few personal s**t

This weekend I managed to get the backbox off to sort out the hangers to stop it battering the bumper.

You can see a bit of bumper damage here
b33a2285.jpg

Professionally modified the hangers
1a829fce.jpg

Exhaust off, looking a bit shabby
feb4570d.jpg

Cleaned up best i could in 5 minutes lol, the rear tip is pretty stained :(

38eb9aea.jpg

Back on, now a bit of a gap for it to move :yes:

After that it was time for a clean and some better quality pics

7396988370_93f2e93965_c.jpg

Seat Ibiza Cupra by DanielJames., on Flickr
7397029892_9d7a610433_c.jpg

7397002800_9a4228be95_c.jpg
7397015534_76cf3b6ab5_c.jpg

Plans are:
  1. Remove stickers
  2. Refit most interior
  3. Standard airbox back on
  4. alloy refurb (possibly change the wheels)
  5. general tidy up (calipers, engine bay, interior)
  6. enjoy it!
On the way home from work today I got a few more snaps after enjoying some roads :)

7396975638_b2c649a2e2_c.jpg

7396961134_c5912e2e06_c.jpg

7396947200_998955d769_c.jpg

7396932024_29e710ce13_c.jpg

7396914774_155f157442_c.jpg

7396896152_be7a30c173_c.jpg

7396880344_1828868f8f_c.jpg

7396868102_cd9ae30987_c.jpg

7396857964_cf1eb191d5_c.jpg

7396845706_a85d6876c7_c.jpg

7396814628_ee54357ddc_c.jpg

7396828968_bf0e39f0b4_c.jpg

Fin. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Never really got on with this shape but I bet it f*cking flys! Best colour combo aswell.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I love these. I nearly bought one last year, fantastic cars IMO.

If I get a steady flow of work in the next few months I am considering looking at a few PD160 Cupra's.

n2x

e60/f10
I quite like it. Almost bought an older model instead of Clio but the car lot guy was a douchebag. Glad he was tho :)

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Never really got on with this shape but I bet it f*cking flys! Best colour combo aswell.

It sure does pick up! Cheers, wanted red or yellow tbh but this came up :)

I do like that, it would be the perfect sleeper if it wasn't for the unnecessarily large exhaust tip.

Yeah I'm not too keen on the tip, it's a blueflame system though which is meant to be one of the best for the car.

I love these. I nearly bought one last year, fantastic cars IMO.

If I get a steady flow of work in the next few months I am considering looking at a few PD160 Cupra's.

I didn't consider the diesel this time, although I would like to try PD engine before they're all gone. Best diesel going IMO

I think it looks ok.

I quite like it. Almost bought an older model instead of Clio but the car lot guy was a douchebag. Glad he was tho :)

Not really my thing, but that is a mighty impressive torque figure! Bet it gives you a good kick in the guts.

Thanks, yeah they aren't the prettiest especially from the rear I think, the tail lights are a bit halfords :\

Leon Cupra 300
Quite like these.

The exhaust tip is stupid. Take it to a local exhaust fabricator and get em to change the tip? So don't have to change whole system...

Also not keen on rear spacers.

Look good. Keep the wheels.

ph1 track weapon
practically an identical plate to my platinum grey one from years back! Lovely cars these :)

TTRS & V50
f**k working under that car with jack on high and no stands.

Was going to get one of these after the Clio but the seats didn't entice me in, lol. If I did, it would look exactly like this minus the stickers and exhaust tip, nice one.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Quite like these.

The exhaust tip is stupid. Take it to a local exhaust fabricator and get em to change the tip? So don't have to change whole system...

Also not keen on rear spacers.

Look good. Keep the wheels.

It's a blueflame exhaust system, changing the tip would be stupid. I quite like it, sits well under the bumper

Like that a lot! Great spec.

practically an identical plate to my platinum grey one from years back! Lovely cars these :)

Cheers, yeah the plates are weird, there are a few on the seat forum starting KS54

f**k working under that car with jack on high and no stands.

Was going to get one of these after the Clio but the seats didn't entice me in, lol. If I did, it would look exactly like this minus the stickers and exhaust tip, nice one.

Of course I put stands under it! LOL I just wanted a little photo whoring moment when it was on its peak ;)

As said, the exhaust tip is just what it is

M135i
Im sure i used to go down to trax with this car (along with the corsa lot). Was the original owners mates with solly ? Only saying because of the 'bodge-it motorsport' sticker ?

clio 172 phase 2
A friend of mine is wonderin if you would be intrested in a bg 182 ? 52,000 miles mot n tax full k tec exhaust

Fiesta ST-3
Nah not really.

Wanting a 182, Racing Blue or preferably Liquid Yellow!

Strange how most people end up coming back to a 182. I keep thinking of cars that I want, but just cannot bring myself to even looking into selling the 182 as I know I will want another, and never find one as well kept as mine.

Edit - I know yours was a 172 first time.