ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat refurbishment?

Land Rover
My drivers side seat is in very good condition but the base sags when you sit in it.
The passenger side is much nicer to sit in.
Has anybody successfully repaired this. Can you fit a passenger side seat base to the driver side?
There’s seats for sale at various breakers.

As an aside l just found the seat height adjuster. Kneeling down to examine the seat base l found the inner lever, thought “what is this?” pulled it, and nearly knocked my block off as the seat shot up

Land Rover
Nobody tried this?

Well never mind l have found that the seat base foam insert is still available, although it’s an absurd £99+VAT
So that should cure the sagging seat base.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Should be able to grab a good used seat or get a decent povo spec seat for parts for next to nowt.

Colabe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 17poo
Iam just retriming my seats in the cup it can be done but you will need some hog pliers to remove the base cover from the base foam (but i have no idea on seats in newer clios)

Land Rover
Thanks for the advice
Now l discovered the seat can be adjusted for height it is a lot better.
I am fairly small and felt like l was sitting on the floor before.
But l’ll get the tool you mentioned as l have ordered the seat foam insert.

Colabe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 17poo
grab some hog clips as well unless you can be carefull when removing the old ones not to snap them ...and some thin nylon cord as quicker to cut the old then trying to undo the plastic grippy holder lol

dan's cast offs.
When the base drops on them it's comically low!! I jumped into one once not knowing and it's almost like sitting on the floor.