ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seats with R022 cage

BMW 120D M Sport
Hello everyone,

can i ask anyone thats got a safety devices R022 cage fitted what seats your are running?

I bought a seat and it physically will not fit! 😤 im fuming as i looked into seats and thought this would fit before i purchased it.

iI don’t want to go buying another seat and having the same issues so would like to know what seats people have managed to fit in with this particular cage please!

thanks in advance

Awesome col

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio cup 172
OMP HTE R fitted in mine. You can get the dimensions online to see how compares to your seat. Where is it hitting the cage? It is a bit close on the door bars but workable
8DD0D29C-32BD-42F4-8F8C-71D0A9E0897D.jpeg

BMW 120D M Sport
I didn’t get any photos of it in the car but it was touching the door bar.. there is no way i could squeeze it in! So frustrated but i should of measured properly before hand 🤷🏼‍♂️

Are you fitting a Jon Foz or OMP subframe? As you can normally just drill additional holes in the subframe to move the seat over to allow clearance.

BMW 120D M Sport
Jon Foz... i think if i managed to move it over enough the centre of the seat would be well offset to the steering wheel and would just feel odd.

I’ve put the seat up for sale anyway and going to research properly before buying another, Just wanted to see what other seats people have fitted with this particular cage

Have a look at @Hyperhatch project, he was the first person on here to have this cage fitted

Jon Foz... i think if i managed to move it over enough the centre of the seat would be well offset to the steering wheel and would just feel odd.

I’ve put the seat up for sale anyway and going to research properly before buying another, Just wanted to see what other seats people have fitted with this particular cage
Why would it be offset to the steering wheel? The wheel by standard is a mile to the left. Why dont you weld in seat mounts?

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got Cobra Suzuka on the drivers side on a John Foz seat base. No fitting issues at all. The seat has always been comfortable. I’d recommend one

438482E0-3432-460C-9DB6-C5DB44EE7651.jpeg
39AA8D24-CFF9-46E2-ACAC-8D403D9BC284.jpeg

BMW 120D M Sport
Why would it be offset to the steering wheel? The wheel by standard is a mile to the left. Why dont you weld in seat mounts?

I think it would be ideally the seat would need moving over a good couple of inches, I cant really be welding in seat mounts now due to having the inside of the car painted

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I had to go back to an OMP seat base after having the R022 cage fitted as my seat wouldn't fit with a Jon Foz base. I've got a custom made Motordrive seat which isn't the smallest, it fits in fine now but it gave all sorts of issues to begin with.

As mentioned above I've had to drill extra holes in the seat base to get things to line up, and run a length of ali box section on the inside to level the seat base, not ideal but it works

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Found this if it helps, the seat has been brought forward slightly but its in and clears the door bar even with fia cage padding on it
IMG_20200728_203947.jpg
IMG_20200728_203955.jpg

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
I had a mirco rts seat at first and then found out that their known for a wide fit and wouldnt fit with door bars. Even with extra holes drilled in the jon foz frames

Then changed to motordrive seat which was narrower and a better fit, although still tight and still not 100% centre but miles better than before

I also ditched sparco side mounts as they were angled in and tight for the seat to slot in, now got side mounts that are straight from the base up. Sabelt ones

Was just one of that jobs that I didnt expect to have so much hassles with after trying several things gradually over the last year or so to improve it each time

Rob Quantrell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I found the same with an RO17 cage and an OMP seat. I managed to just squeeze it in but only after a lot of swearing and shouting.