ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Second car - Clio Turbo

Good idea, although you shouldn't need bigger injectors with a remap. Jeep hearing people fitting 182 injectors but it isn't needed as with my remap the injectors are only at 75%duty cycle and apparently 90% is still safe

From what @Martin_172 has said before the stock injectors run at nearly 100% duty cycle as standard ?

Clio Mk3 tce
From what @Martin_172 has said before the stock injectors run at nearly 100% duty cycle as standard ?

According to Will at Ptorque who remaps these weekly. It's 75% after a remap. Ands been writing maps for 14yrs.
But it's a good thing as you save time and money not having to change them :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my red one was running standard injectors, 115bhp it started causing issues and I got a map with a bit less power for it but didn't like the way it drove, it was like a diesel loads of low down torque felt the same top end though. - here is a video of it hitting just over 90% duty cycle when I data logged it - this is running only marginally more power at peak power (they run about 105bhp standard)

RS Tuning will not remap them on standard injectors, point blank refuse. My standard gordini was hitting 90% duty cycle on the overboost on the STANDARD map. running ~140bhp on 182 injectors it was starting to max out the fuel system again!

as long as your happy with your car @Molzo that's all that matters but I personally wouldn't run one remapped on standard injectors, I know of 2 that have gone bang, and I don't know many people with them!!

The fact your car is apparently running 130bhp, and the injectors are running at 15% duty cycle LESS than a standard car, to me rings alarm bells that some one is telling porkies to you. I don't know the gent who mapped your car, or his business so I don't want to judge. Mapping them daily, running R8's and lambos on his rollers, 14 years experience etc etc counts for nothing. Look at all the companies who said you didn't need injectors when mapping Corsa VXR's?

I was once told by a mechanic with 30yrs experience who has probably worked on "lambos, Ferraris etc) that you don't need the special renaultsport tools to time a Clio 172, that doesn't mean hes right...

Small updated. Fully colour coded and new gear knob
IMG_5483.JPG

IMG_5475.JPG

Small update nothing major, I brought a blue aluminium pipe for the air filter to make the engine bay stand out a bit more
IMG_5696.JPG

Before it was cut down

I do love the turbo chatter

Haven't updated in a while

The only things I've done since November last year is buy some BOV blockers and fit an exhuast. Not overly impressed with the noise, I chopped off the backbox and it made no difference to sound, had to take off the middle silencer as well just to hear a bit of a grumble.

IMG_5916.JPG

Next up is to fit my front mount, and get my cup spoiler sprayed and fitted

Update - not much it happening due to funds, but I have bought a Clio 197 rear bumper with diffuser
IMG_6682.JPG

Also fitted a manual boost controller and took it from 8psi to 12, its pretty quick now! Actually pulls in 5th!

Next would be either getting the RS stuff painted and fitted OR get a decat

Clio Mk3 tce
Does it not go into any limp mode with a incar boost controller? I know older cars ran fine but lots of newer one go into limp.

Curious to see the bumper go on as it is, then we'll see how much wide the 197 is

Does it not go into any limp mode with a incar boost controller? I know older cars ran fine but lots of newer one go into limp.

Curious to see the bumper go on as it is, then we'll see how much wide the 197 is

If I'm being completely honest my car went into limp mode on standard post but I had already brought a boost controller and was awaiting to turn up.

Car still goes into mode only when going up a hill in 5th, but it did that before I turned it up to 12psi

Seems to run pretty happy

Finally, clio 197 rear bumper and diffuser are on.

It’s actually quiet a nice fit, no modifications required. The diffuser had to be cut slightly as it was dragging on the floor with no way of holding it up

Cup spoiler will be on in 1-2 weeks hopefully !

And yes the car goes into limp mode at 12 psi or more as no fuel. Need bigger injectors and a map

5B06275B-72EF-451D-A5AD-6E72BD124D68.jpeg

RB Clio 182
Have you got a sport front bumper, its looking nice, great colour, i would stick with chrome diamonds and standard lights tho to freshen it up.

Who brought you the sport rear bumper?

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Give me ideas :tongueout:

Here's an idea... Before you spend another penny on that car (including fuel), get some spacers or wider wheels on it. Rear bumper and wing look great but completely ruined by the wheels which sit about 7 feet inwards
If you took those horrible rear lights off this wouldn't even look too bad.
Bit harsh, but yeah lose the lights and the stickers as well...

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Here's an idea... Before you spend another penny on that car (including fuel), get some spacers or wider wheels on it. Rear bumper and wing look great but completely ruined by the wheels which sit about 7 feet inwards

Harsh but fair. Something so simple just ruins a nice car!

Already got the spacers just haven’t fit them as of yet, just got the spoiler on yesterday so didn’t have time to do them, when I do I’ll update. Thanks for the nice words though !