ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Second puncture in a week

Clio 182
Hi,

Had a slow puncture to a rear tyre at start of week and took it to kwik fit for them to check it out. Turns out 4 nails in one tyre. Suppose its better than an nail in each tyre!

To make matters worse yesterday noticed that a front tyre was deflated. Now making second trip in a week to kwik fit. Hopefully this tyre can be repaired as its only 2 months old.

Whats peoples thoughts on repairing tyres (plugging)? Im a bit dubious of it but would like to hear other folks opinions.

182 inside
the only good repair to tyre is when it's removed and a mushroom shaped rubber is pushed through from the inside and rubber bonded so it melts into place.

Cost about £10 but worth it. (till you drive down the road and get another puncture)

Tungy
I've got 3 nails in my rear nearside tyre. Doesn't seem to be going down but I'll be taking them all off at the end of the week to put on my new rims so I hope it can be repaired! All in middle part of tyre. Not even checked my other tyres :eek:

Clio 182
Got it plugged- £10 and ordered a pe2 to replace the tyre with the 4 nails- £91 from kwik fit price matched with black circle.

Not bad price. I couldnt be bothered going down the mytyres.co.uk route. Should give it a try when going for new tyres as kwik fit state that they will price match any other quote.