ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seized Rear Hub (again)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
I know this thread has come up before, but one of the rear hubs on my girlfriends car has seized, and i cannot for the life of me get it to free up, ive tried smashing it with a hammer and rocking the car back and forth but nothing seems to be able to make it budge.

I'm starting to this it may be easier to simply replace the entire hub for a working second hand hub off a breaker. Remove the hub assembly and and brake line seem simply enough, but I'm not completely sure if it would be possible to remove the handbrake cable without destroying it.

My question is essentially, if i were to buy a new handbrake cable and second hand rear hub, could i change the rear assembly without having to dismantle the seized rear hub? thanks guys...