ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Self Alloy refurb progress (FAO Middo)

No more clio's for me!
After the disappointing reaction to the alloys whilst up for sell, i decided to keep 'em and have a little play. The kurb damage to the outter rim isn't too bad, i thought i'd give a refurb as bash. On deciding what colour to do them, i found myself in halfords weighing up my options...in the end i plumbed for my favouritest colour...black! lol But, not just any type of black, BMW Jet black :approve:

Anyways, i set about preparing the wheels, with plenty of corse wet'n'dry for the bad bits and a fine wet'n'dry for the rest of the alloy to give the primer a real nice base. I used the halfords filler primer, which is actually very good, and built up the layers slowly. Once i was happy with the base coat, a fine wet'n'dry to flat off all the surfaces and the top coat was applied.

I still have a lot of work left, inner and laquer etc, but theres the progress shots :)

IMG_3465.jpg

IMG_3452.jpg

IMG_3463.jpg

I'll get some pics up of the others (when i get around to doing them lol)

Thanks to Middo for the details ;)

Dan

No more clio's for me!
Cheers for the comments all. :)

Hopefully the rest of them will go just as well, can't wait to get them on. (trying to before RWS!!)

No more clio's for me!
For a small fee ;)

So far the paint and bits has cost me £40, and i don't think i need much more paint to finish the job. :)

No more clio's for me!
Justin-172 said:
i would pay you to do mine bud, could get i swap in your old ones type thing going ?

hmmm interesting, as i would have a spare set of alloys...no tyres tho. ;)

I think about it. lol :D

No more clio's for me!
Anythings possible with the right selected paint i'm sure. How bad are they?

I have two baddly kurbed ones to do, which i have some filler for, so i'll see how that goes and how difficult/easy it proves to be. Never done it before, but can't be too difficult. :)

Chocolate Bar™
looks good danny! glad to see u when for the filler primer will have a close inspection at trax though ;)

No more clio's for me!
Middo said:
looks good danny! glad to see u when for the filler primer will have a close inspection at trax though ;)

I'll bring an example mark...only done one so far and its only the face and its not laquers, so far from the finished article, so go easy on me! lol

No more clio's for me!
Justin-172 said:
add me on msn and i will take some pics then send them to you later ?

snowblader_02@hotmail.com

you going to trax on sunday ?

Yep, i'll be at Trax - can't miss my car. lol

Unfortunately mate i'm not on msn and i haven't got an internet connection at home atm, so won't be able to pick up any emails to Monday (dan.fsdl@yahoo.co.uk). I'll pm you my mob number. :)

I'll bring the above alloy to Trax tho, so you can see it in it prep'd state (far from finished).

Ta,
Dan

Chocolate Bar™
nah the laquer will be fine as its cellulose. You just need to leave them for as long as possible for the laquer to fully cure

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
dannyboy172 said:
Anythings possible with the right selected paint i'm sure. How bad are they?

I have two baddly kurbed ones to do, which i have some filler for, so i'll see how that goes and how difficult/easy it proves to be. Never done it before, but can't be too difficult. :)

Lookin good mate . Its pretty easy to do isn't it . I refurbed a really badly kerbed alloy ,with big gouges in it . I filled it with some of this stuff :

http://www.paints4u.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=320

Halfords sell it in smaller tins for about £6.00 , it drys really hard and is easy to sand down .