ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Self Diagnostics

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
My car is now running great but I always like to be prepared.

I have done a search and RS tuner seems to come up a lot, most of it to do with mapping but saw it being used the odd time for fault finding and fault codes etc.

Is this still the best thing to get? Is there anything a bit cheaper that might not be as good but close enough. The main reason is for diagnosing any problems that may arise with the car and clearing faults etc.

I am wanting something that will plug into my laptop and I can download software for etc.

I am tempted to try one of these
£10 ebay jobbys that comes with easy to use software apparently, although it takes over a month to arrive from hong kong etc.

If anyone knows of anything that would be great, PM me if need be :)

Thanks

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Rs tuner will be around a hundred.
Renault Clip copy is just under a hundred on eBay.
Hand held obd reader will be under £20.

If it's just for diagnostics then the reader will be great. Cheaper still if you have an android phone is a Bluetooth OBD2 for £5 off eBay and the download the torque app.