ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Self Servicing Clio 182..

107 Track Car & C4
Going to be servicing my 182 soon for the first time soon.

Going to get the Elf Oil Change kit w/Filter and Sump Washer along with some NGK Spark Plugs. I've already got a K-Tec Air Filter on the car.

My question is, are there any special tools that i'll require to carry out the task of changing the oil?

Liam

RB 182
In light of not starting another self servicing thread,

I've just done the plugs on mine and was just about to move it to get the oil done, And every HT lead was taken of individually and replaced after each plug changed. But upon starting the car (182) is now idling straight up to 4.5/5k in revs :S

My initial though was maybe i hadn't plugged a sensor back in, but the black on the o/s is plugged in the grey on the n/s front is plugged in and the breather pipe on the back is back in its location. I can only presume that it has something to do with the fbw throttle body?? Any suggestion or help will be greatly appreciated..

Marc

Now Sold :-(
Did you use a new gasket between the plenum and lower inlet?
I suspect there is an air leak somewhere.

RB 182
No i didn't as, from what ive read some say it isn't a essential to replace as long as your its fairly new.. my thoughts exactly, that why i checked the Map and air flow sensors..

RB 182
Make sure youve seated the inlet on correctly as i done this when i changed plugs..

Yeah, all sorted now, Noob error really, it was either the weird oil seal thats underneath the inlet hadn't seated right or even sillier the Oil breather hose had come off, but theres no jubilee clip on there :S should there be?

PB 172 ph2
In reply to OP and tools required... you can remove an oil filter by hammering a sharp screwdriver through it and use it as a lever. Works a treat

SQ5
Have you waited 3 years just to make that one post?

Don't use a screw driver, filter on these are a nice easy place to use a filter removal tool.

Done a 1.8T A3 the other day, rediculous!

Dodgy one
Get a strap wrench if needs must, filters dont need to be rediculusly tight either snug is sufficient