ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sell as standard or in Replica form?

Some of you may or may not know that I am going to get rid of the Clio and buy something a little bigger, better spec etc.

I own this car;

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=390108

Question. Had a lad come round to view the car the other evening. Nice lad, but he mentioned that because of the time and effort put into this car (and the fact that it is basically my baby) he would be worried about taking it on.

What do people think? Should I strip it of it's parts, sell them/part ex them for standards and sell the car as a standard 1.2, or keep it as a bloody good looking replica ;)?

Any thoughts welcome!

Jamie

Worried about taking it on? :S

Sell it as it is, it looks nice and should sell easy.

Putting back to standard is probably more hassle than its worth

Lol Joe. You never know, he's local ;) Jokes.

Thought it might be a ball ache to strip, but more cash towards the new un the better Highlander.

A ANIMAL
Lol Joe. You never know, he's local ;) Jokes.

Thought it might be a ball ache to strip, but more cash towards the new un the better Highlander.

i wouldn't think you'd get much cash for the kit tbh. I'd say just sell it as it is, surely its worth more.

what u put infront of me
only thing i would say Jamie is de web sticker it, if its not already been done, great looking car BTW...

by de stickering it, it will open up the market a bit more than the boy racer market.. as clios are very tidy cars for all ages, and if you want a clean and tidy car this is a very good example...i know if i was looking this is one that i would look at for sure... once the stickers had been removed.

Yeah I had thought about that as well. I have mentioned to the lad in question that it will come detailed and destickered. Hadn't thought of doing it before he came round though. Might be a job for this weekend. Perhaps a run over with some final finish, CGBS and Nattys once destickered.

Good point, thanks Stephen.

A ANIMAL
Yeah I had thought about that as well. I have mentioned to the lad in question that it will come detailed and destickered. Hadn't thought of doing it before he came round though. Might be a job for this weekend. Perhaps a run over with some final finish, CGBS and Nattys once destickered.

Good point, thanks Stephen.

i hope you'll put this much effort into cleaning my car ;)

Lol.

Still undecided on this tbh. It's a 1.2 with 150 quid AST top mount on it. What are buyers gonna know :S

If you think you'll get more for it standard then go for it, lot of people don't want to take on modded cars because it leaves them little room to change anything.

If you've still got the standard parts to swap over then even better.

how much you asking for it?

£3,250

If you think you'll get more for it standard then go for it, lot of people don't want to take on modded cars because it leaves them little room to change anything.

If you've still got the standard parts to swap over then even better.

Have some parts but not all. I would just advertise the parts as pick up, swap over, cash my way. Things like the colour coding, handles, boot spoiler, rear bumper, front bumper, grills, xenons, alloys etc.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Would you get the same money for it standard as with those mods on?

Surely you could get more selling parts seperately and I'm sure they wouldn't be hard to shift (make sure you PM me if you do! lol).

Random question - what colour is it?

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Well then, you should be able to sell it quite easily you would think if it is a ph rep, some little 17 year old would love it as a first car?

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
I think it would sell as it is if i seen that when i was looking i'd deffo buy it depending on price ofc lol if you do want to sell some of the parts to put it back to standard im after some lol ;)

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Depends also on if you just want an easy sale or want a smuch money as you can,

I doubt you would get any less than if it were standard?

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
£3,250

Have some parts but not all. I would just advertise the parts as pick up, swap over, cash my way. Things like the colour coding, handles, boot spoiler, rear bumper, front bumper, grills, xenons, alloys etc.

Id be interested in part ex-ing grills m8 lol and maybe spoiler ;)

I think it would sell as it is if i seen that when i was looking i'd deffo buy it depending on price ofc lol if you do want to sell some of the parts to put it back to standard im after some lol ;)

Would have to only be things like lights, suspension, wheels and interior stuff as would need Nautical Blue parts in return. PM me if interested but MattH has first dibs on the above parts because he's sending me an iPhone ;)

Wrong colour but still interested. Awesome :)

YHPM again lad :)

Depends also on if you just want an easy sale or want a smuch money as you can,

I doubt you would get any less than if it were standard?

No idea in all honesty!! Want as much money towards the German as possible, of course. Not sure if the garage would see a boggy standard Clio as easier to sell than a modded thing, if I did trade part-ex rather than private sale.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
No idea in all honesty!! Want as much money towards the German as possible, of course. Not sure if the garage would see a boggy standard Clio as easier to sell than a modded thing, if I did trade part-ex rather than private sale.

Depends if it is a dealer that does all his valuing by the book and says 'can't give you anymore than that' or one that has eyes and a brain and knows a thing or two about cars and selling them.

MINI FJCW
I'd be interested mate, just depends on price obviously, i've got a nautical blue clio so p/x would be easy depending on where your based.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The only thing i really could criticise about your car is the fact the side skirts dont connect to the bottom of the front wings (like the RS Clios)

Apart from that, sell it as it stands, imo you would be wasting your time breaking it etc

Motorbikes
Why doesnt he want to take it on? Its just a Clio with some RS parts. Not gonna break hius bank on maintenance is it?

Would probs get more selling the parts seperatly but its time and hassle to remove, and will take longer.

Lol x

Depends if it is a dealer that does all his valuing by the book and says 'can't give you anymore than that' or one that has eyes and a brain and knows a thing or two about cars and selling them.

Aye, spot on chap.

I'd be interested mate, just depends on price obviously, i've got a nautical blue clio so p/x would be easy depending on where your based.

Long way from you lad, Cheshire based.

The only thing i really could criticise about your car is the fact the side skirts dont connect to the bottom of the front wings (like the RS Clios)

Apart from that, sell it as it stands, imo you would be wasting your time breaking it etc

Aye, it's non rs wings and skirts.

6 years in a 1.2 is too long!

Why doesnt he want to take it on? Its just a Clio with some RS parts. Not gonna break hius bank on maintenance is it?

Would probs get more selling the parts seperatly but its time and hassle to remove, and will take longer.

Time is not an issue, I fitted all the parts and have taken them off in my sleep which is the bonus. Could get front, rear, lights, xenons, colourcoding, handles, spoiler, grill, alloys, suspension, top mounts and spacers off in an afternoon I think.