ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sell Clio with cat or de-cat?

Do I...

• A) Leave the new cat on and sell the car 'MOT-able' for the next user and sell the de-cat pipe separ

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • B) Leave the new cat on and sell the car 'MOT-able' for the next user and give them the de-cat pipe

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • C) Swap it back to the de-cat pipe and sell with the cat to get through the next MOT

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BLS

Clio Sport 172
Hi all,

I've just had to put a cat back on the Clio before it's MOT. I'm selling it after it passes.

Question is....

Do I;
A) Leave the new cat on and sell the car 'MOT-able' for the next user and sell the de-cat pipe separately
B) Leave the new cat on and sell the car 'MOT-able' for the next user and give them the de-cat pipe for their use.
C) Swap it back to the de-cat pipe and sell with the cat to get through the next MOT.

Any opinion would be great. The car sounds fine with the new cat, but loss of power.

2003 Clio 172
I can't possibly see why you'd sell the car non-'MOT-able' if you already have a cat with which the car would pass.

A or B.

BLS

Clio Sport 172
I can't possibly see why you'd sell the car non-'MOT-able' if you already have a cat with which the car would pass.

K-TEC Racing in Blandford managed to sell me an un-MOT-able car.... My fault I know. Just a bit s**t.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Ask the buyer if they would like the De-Cat and if so ask for £50 extra? If they know about the car they would prob say ok

Listerine & Poledo
If you want to be able to maximise the amount of prospective buyer, put the cat back in. I, for one, wouldn't go buying a car that, legally, is already broken.

Keep the de-cat pipe as a bargaining chip for when an "enthusiast" comes along and knocks you down by £1500 because of reasons. If you offload the car and still ahve the pipe left, chuck it up on here for a few quid.