ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling 197 for a 1*2 Turbo/ITBs?

Albi Blue 197
Ive been really happy with my 197 since ive had it! Handles well, Drives really nice, pulls hard through the rev range, sounds like a beaut etc etc...But, theres nothing out there for it performance wise and i do like toying with my cars. I cant justify pulling the 197 apart by stripping it etc, just too much of a nice car to do it imo! I would like more power though!

So im thinking of selling the 197, and getting a cheap 1*2 and turbo'in it or putting ITBs on. Whats peoples opinion of this??

Is it worth doing?
People say the handlings not as good as the 197 but is there 'that' much of a difference?
Anyone with a turbo'd/ITB'd 1*2 that could give me some advice?

Thanks, Reece..

Lotus Elise
A tweaked 1*2 will be more unreliable and will cost more in the long run, its also an older car which is something to bare in mind. Personally Id stick with the 197.

Audi A3
Never ever do that. If you want summat like that then buy yourself a project. You'd be mad to swap a newer, better built, more reliable etc etc car to spend spend spend spend

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Selling a nice car so you can f**k about making an old car unreliable? Stick with the 197 or get a 225 or somthing

White clique
I've learnt that we all get bored of all cars eventually, some quicker than others. No one can remain excited by a car for ever. If you do trade over to a 182, as pointed out it will cost ££££ to do, is likely to me more unreliable, and you'll still get bored of it eventually.

Unless there is anything wrong with the 197, or you actually dont like it, then i'd stick with it.

Megane GT
Id say depends how long you intend to keep the car for as new kit for the 197/200 will start coming out soon so it's just a matter of time.

Megane r26
I've just traded in my ph2 172 which i'd mucked about with for a 197 an tbh i don't think i'd be trading it back. Stick with the 197 as they get more popular you'll be able to get more goodies!

8v mk 1 yeeeeee
youll have a lot of money and issues to deal with turbo'ing a 1.2 than say charging a 197. especially if its a poverty spec 1.2