ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling up

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Well I've sold the 10-20mm, 50mm, now the sigma 100-300mm f4 has gone. Unfortunately i need the money for a new house deposit so most of the stuff has to go. I've made a tidy profit on each lens, so its not all bad.

Bit gutted really as i really enjoyed shooting motorsport stuff. Still, i'm not going to get much time to go off on my own when the 2nd baby comes along, so its probably for the best.

Still got the D90 and the 18-70mm, but might have to downgrade.

:(

Cupra
Noooo. You wont be able to free up that much cash with a downgrade so I'd keep the D90.

Or use it as a chance to jump over to Canon. ;)

Fiat Panda 100hp
Should have kept the 50 imo. Shame though mate, but now is the best time to sell I guess.

Ian

Focus TDCi
It's only a shame in the sense that you're losing out in terms of equipment, but at least in reality it's just a shuffling of funds. You'll be glad when the new house comes and in a year or two I expect I'll see you with new a new and improved lens horde. :)

Saw your 100-300 for sale and wondered what was happening. Most of my stuff went a few weeks back (10.5 Fisheye, 50-150 2.8, 50mm 1.8) and although I hated it at the time, you quickly learn to cope without it.

Good time to sell though, as all my equipment was second-hand anyway I actually broke even in the end, which is pretty good going considering I've had fantastic use out of all 3 lens.

Not sure how you can make too much out of what you have left whilst still retaining some equipment. If I was stripping right back I would sell absolutely everything and pick up a second-hand D50, Sigma 70-300 f4-5.6 and a 50mm 1.8. Probably get that lot for £300 tops, considering your D90 is worth about £500 that's a pretty solid idea imo, at least you would retain most of the focal length you've let go of so far and free up another £200 or so.

It's a shame to have to sell up mate, but I agree with the Chris'.

Don't give up completely. Another D50 and a couple of lenses will still give you some cash into the pot to keep MrsClart happy but still lets you keep a camera. Plus you'll need something for all those baby snaps.