ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling your car.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
I want to sell the car but can't bring myself to do it. I've used it about 4 or 5 times in the last year and the cost of insurance and maintenance is totally impractical.

Just finding it annoying at the moment, my head says sell it but my heart says its always there for that expeience it provides on the rare occasion.

Anyone else in the same boat? The tax runs out monday and I probably won't renew it so it will be sat there until April again at £40/pm insurance and just not getting the love it could.

confused.com what would you do?

Vantage
you got 172 as a run about right?? should get cheaper run about and keep the v6

if you do decide to sale it.. what would you want next?

and yes im on the same boat with my 172 ph1 (im 18 btw) .. i hardly use it now that my hours at work have been cut down, i rarely drive it as its costy for someone in my position to maintain and drive it.. so im paying insaurance for it and also my 1.4 182 replica which i drive more often

so ive decided im going to sale the ph1 :(

its a shame really

Last edited:

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
yeah, 172 is the run about. Don't really enjoy it at all tbh, to start with it was fun but now I've realised you've got to be all out to get anything from it which isn't economical for a daily drive.

If I sell it I doubt I'd replace it. Looking to go travelling so the money would help. Just don't want it go.

MK2 PH1 Valver (50% done)
yeah, 172 is the run about. Don't really enjoy it at all tbh, to start with it was fun but now I've realised you've got to be all out to get anything from it which isn't economical for a daily drive.

If I sell it I doubt I'd replace it. Looking to go travelling so the money would help. Just don't want it go.

Garage it and insure for the day when you want to use it.?

SchwepTek™
How about you -

a) stop being a raging homo
b) actually drive the fucker when i ask you to come to a meet/black mountains run
c) quit being a faggot
d) pretty much your gay.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
I wouldnt buy it, it faces the wrong way sometimes

Only in an amateurs hands;)

How about you -

a) stop being a raging homo
b) actually drive the f**ker when i ask you to come to a meet/black mountains run
c) quit being a faggot
d) pretty much your gay.

Is this because I wouldn't sleep with you?

Pics of your willy?:eek:

yeah mace you gay raging homo faggot!!!

True lol.

Clio 1.2 Mark II
you got 172 as a run about right?? should get cheaper run about and keep the v6

if you do decide to sale it.. what would you want next?

and yes im on the same boat with my 172 ph1 (im 18 btw) .. i hardly use it now that my hours at work have been cut down, i rarely drive it as its costy for someone in my position to maintain and drive it.. so im paying insaurance for it and also my 1.4 182 replica which i drive more often

so ive decided im going to sale the ph1 :(

its a shame really

Wow, how much was your insurance for the 172 at 18?

I am the same with my mini, rarely use it and everytime I do get it out it f**king rains!
Decide im going to sell it and then take it for a spin and fall in love with it again!
Its like having the number of a dirty slut/ dial-a-shag in your phone book, you getting more pleasure from having the option than actually using it!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Peter, If you want to sell it, I have a little bit of moolah burning a hole in my pocket...

pm me swetcheeks x

53 Clio's & counting
Id say keep it, get somewhere safe to put it, locked garage (if you dont already have one) and drop the insurance to the lowest miles per year poss, and leave it till you can afford it

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I sold my VEe and went into a 172. It was terrible, after a Vee do not et a 1*2. They are totally different. Gearbox etc felt so pisch.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
Affording it is not a problem, its just weighing up the value for money that I currently get from it. It probably costs the same amount a year as a decent holiday.

Just which would I rather have is the tough part.

alien green rs133
Affording it is not a problem, its just weighing up the value for money that I currently get from it. It probably costs the same amount a year as a decent holiday.

Just which would I rather have is the tough part.

driving holiday in the vee....

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Soar? how come if its not gonna be used?

Clocks ticking if if not being driven, belt changes, servicing, depreciation.
Also cars don't like sitting & not driven.
If you do want to use it tax & insurance.

Get rid i'd rather several holidays.

Get real it's a car!