ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seriously can't find any decent alloys for my mk3

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
There's a thread on here called "show us your mk3's"

Might be worth looking for inspiration.
I have nervasports on mine, but its all down to personal taste.

Renault Clio
There's a thread on here called "show us your mk3's"

Might be worth looking for inspiration.
I have nervasports on mine, but its all down to personal taste.

Cheers for the reply mate but I've been looking through loads of topics and can't really find any that say how much they paid for them and where they got them from, are those ones on eBay the same as what most people have got on there mk3s on here? I think they are, but they don't have the centre caps do they? Still, £120 is the cheapest I've seen, what do you think of those ones?

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Nervasports are the ones off the Megane. If you look at my project thread, you'll see them (can't link on my phone).

There's quite a few on eBay, but yeah, its getting the centre caps. Mine came with a set and we're a bargain at 120 quid, but they needed a refurb and tyres.

Renault Clio
Nervasports are the ones off the Megane. If you look at my project thread, you'll see them (can't link on my phone).

There's quite a few on eBay, but yeah, its getting the centre caps. Mine came with a set and we're a bargain at 120 quid, but they needed a refurb and tyres.

They centre caps are like 20 quid each from Renault aren't they? I wouldn't mind paying that at a later date, I think those ones for 120 each are the best Im gonna get, I think they'll look quite nice, specially powder coated.

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
They centre caps are like 20 quid each from Renault aren't they? I wouldn't mind paying that at a later date, I think those ones for 120 each are the best Im gonna get, I think they'll look quite nice, specially powder coated.

Yeah, they're a ridiculous amount! I ran around with only 2 for ages, just biding my time till some came up on eBay. £10 for a pair and bob's your Uncle!

If you get Nervasports, you'll need spacers!

But this is the MK3 thread - check it out: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?359285-show-us-your-mk3-s&highlight=show+us+mk3

Renault Clio
Yeah, they're a ridiculous amount! I ran around with only 2 for ages, just biding my time till some came up on eBay. £10 for a pair and bob's your Uncle!

If you get Nervasports, you'll need spacers!

But this is the MK3 thread - check it out: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?359285-show-us-your-mk3-s&highlight=show+us+mk3

Are BioHzrds wheels the same as those ones on eBay mate? His pics are on the first page of that topic, that's how I want it to look lol.

Renault Clio
Hoping it will look like this but with black wheels/white diamonds or some other colour, and an Rs grill of course :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 168

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
All the mk3's non rs's i've seen with 197/200 wheels on haven't looked all that, but that all imo ofcourse.

Thanks mate, its good to be back, have really missed the place.

Dont know, hence trying to cover all bases.

You're welcome :approve:

as for op what is your rough budget and are you planning on lowering the car at all?

because I would like to suggest these or these

but that could be miles out of your budget

so something like these could be better, need a bit more info tbh on budget and your car

Renault Clio
You're welcome :approve:

as for op what is your rough budget and are you planning on lowering the car at all?

because I would like to suggest these or these

but that could be miles out of your budget

so something like these could be better, need a bit more info tbh on budget and your car

really don't like any of those mate, I prefer the standard 197 wheels, or turnis but not sure how much they cost and where to get them.

Superleggera'd MK3
Also, if your still after the canasta alloys i have a mate that will be selling a set very soon

Superleggera'd MK3
really don't like any of those mate, I prefer the standard 197 wheels, or turnis but not sure how much they cost and where to get them.

Also, to get 197 wheels u will need hub adaptors as they wont fit your car straight off mate. You could get turinis though, people always selling them on here in the for sale section. Quite a lot of people have them though

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Also, to get 197 wheels u will need hub adaptors as they wont fit your car straight off mate. You could get turinis though, people always selling them on here in the for sale section. Quite a lot of people have them though

Swapping from 4*100 to 5*100 is a ballache to do as there isnt enough room for the bolts to clear each other.

Was a right pain in the arse when we did it for trial fitting a scooby wheel.

879bda5c.jpg

Superleggera'd MK3
Swapping from 4*100 to 5*100 is a ballache to do as there isnt enough room for the bolts to clear each other.

Was a right pain in the arse when we did it for trial fitting a scooby wheel.

Yeah Chip is right, i wouldnt personally bother messing around too much trying to make them fit, but if you have your heart set on them then you can always try. My other point would be, if you dont lower it, it might look a bit weird with 17's on. I know the mk3 has big arches but without some lowering it might look like a set a rollerskates with 17's :)

Audi A5
Just had a quick flick through the thread, OP is yours a non sport yeah? Is so you can fit anything that fits the 1*2's, so on that bases what about turinis, 2118's, f1's, ulltraleggers etc etc?

Renault Clio
Just had a quick flick through the thread, OP is yours a non sport yeah? Is so you can fit anything that fits the 1*2's, so on that bases what about turinis, 2118's, f1's, ulltraleggers etc etc?

Where would I find these mate?

Superleggera'd MK3
Seriously your best bet would be to look in the for sale section of the forum and find them there. There is always turinis and F1's cropping up, nearly every day lol. 2118's might be a bit harder to find and only come in 15's iirc so would look too small for the mk3 and ultraleggeras are harder to find on this forum but maybe ebay would be best for them.

Renault Clio
Seriously your best bet would be to look in the for sale section of the forum and find them there. There is always turinis and F1's cropping up, nearly every day lol. 2118's might be a bit harder to find and only come in 15's iirc so would look too small for the mk3 and ultraleggeras are harder to find on this forum but maybe ebay would be best for them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...odel:Clio|Plat_Gen:MK+III&hash=item35c656b740

I saw a Clio at work with these and I thought they looked great, but it was a tce and probably wouldn't look the same on my dci :(

Superleggera'd MK3
Prefer the canastas tbh mate. If i were you, i would just save till you have enough money then buy a set of canastas inc. tyres, possibly 2nd hand. Swap them over, clean up your 15's and sell them one by one on ebay and you will easily make 150-200 back. Or.....use your 15's until your tyres wear out then buy the 16s with new tyres or something :) The chances are mate, that if you are running standard 15" tyres they will be 185/65/15 and a lower profile tyre will suit whatever wheels you get much better so new tyres is a good idea! Just my opinion of course :)

Renault Clio
Prefer the canastas tbh mate. If i were you, i would just save till you have enough money then buy a set of canastas inc. tyres, possibly 2nd hand. Swap them over, clean up your 15's and sell them one by one on ebay and you will easily make 150-200 back. Or.....use your 15's until your tyres wear out then buy the 16s with new tyres or something :) The chances are mate, that if you are running standard 15" tyres they will be 185/65/15 and a lower profile tyre will suit whatever wheels you get much better so new tyres is a good idea! Just my opinion of course :)

So if I did that, would the 16s just fit straight on the mk3? At the min I'm looking at 150 per wheel, not sure how much the tires would be? I might just get the 15s, I know they look small but it might be ok :/

Superleggera'd MK3
Yeah the 16's would just fit straight on mate, look much better than the 15's as the arches are so big. 150 per wheel! Are you buying new? You would be better buying from ebay/here/breakage yard and just have a refurb? Like i said, a lad on here will be selling a set soon which are in quite good nic. Tyres would depends on what brand and size etc you buy. Tyres arent something i would skimp on though, even though our cars are hardly "performance" cars, its best to get some good rubber :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Would you go for those or the Canastas mate? My problem is the tires because mine are 15s :( nothing is ever straight forward lol.

Im not the one to ask on styling stuff, I just do everything based on what works on track.

Renault Clio
Yeah the 16's would just fit straight on mate, look much better than the 15's as the arches are so big. 150 per wheel! Are you buying new? You would be better buying from ebay/here/breakage yard and just have a refurb? Like i said, a lad on here will be selling a set soon which are in quite good nic. Tyres would depends on what brand and size etc you buy. Tyres arent something i would skimp on though, even though our cars are hardly "performance" cars, its best to get some good rubber :)

How much is a refurb? I'm a perfectionist mate I wouldn't want scuffs or anything on them lol. I was going to buy new yeah.

Superleggera'd MK3
Again it depends on where you go. I think ive seen stuff between 35-50 per wheel? Plus you can choose what colour you want. Then you will have pristine wheels in the colour you want :) Everyones a winner. And they could probs fit your tyres for you :)