ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERV and airbag lights

Clio 182 FF
Hi guys, I've recently had the SERV and Airbag light come on and just can't get it to go out. I've tried all the connections under the two front seats and also the one under the plastic behind the steering wheel. Is there any way to narrow down the culprit, or do you have to just go at everything? Any help is much appreciated.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Diagnostic test is the easiest way to narrow things down, having said that I've found one of the more common things is the crash sensors that are bolted to each sill, they're fiddly to get to but worth checking, disconnect and then re connect wiring and see what happens

Clio 182 FF
I've tried the OBD diagnostics only to find no codes. Where could I find the crash sensors? I recently had water come into the drivers side of my car through the sill because there was a tonne of crap behind the arch liner, then the light came on a few days later. I'm assuming they could be related in some way.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Yeah quite probably although they normally throw up either 179 or 180 fault codes (if it's them), have a look down between the edge of the seat and the door shut, will have 2 wires going into it and held in by 2 8 or 10 mm bolts

Clio 182 FF
So they would display a code on the OBD reader if it was something like the sensors? Cheers for that, I'll have a look tomorrow when it's not so dark!

Clio 182 FF
I tried a Autel Maxiscan at first which I thought wasn't showing anything because it was cheap from Ebay, so I tried a EML327 plugged into my laptop running ScanXL Professional but that showed nothing too. I just find it odd as it's a big bright light on the dash haha

Clio 182 FF
I just tried the passenger door switch, the sill impact sensors and the yellow connectors under the seats with no avail.

Is there a way to get the red connectors apart? spent ages swearing at them but got me no where haha

Clio 172 Merc ML55
This one I assume?
Screenshot_2016-01-21-17-34-29.png

Just below the red tag there's a little black lug that needs to be lifted up to allow the two halves to seperate

Clio 182 FF
Cheers for that man, just got them both disconnected, checked and reconnected but the light is still on. Think I'll just have to go to an auto electrics place and get a proper tester on it.