ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERV light

CLS, RS MEG

Hi,

Just bought a dynamique clio, and the SERV light is showing on the dash, followed by the airbag light. The steering wheel on, is a 182 sport one. Can that course this problem?

Rob

Wiggle the wires under the passenger seat, if it doesnt go out, try under the driver seat.

Seriously!

Renault Laguna Coupe

If the airbag in the steering wheel is faulty or hasnt been connected this will illuminate the SERV and Airbag lights.

CLS, RS MEG

Ive looked under the seats, which are 182 ones by the way, and theres a few wires that are not connected to anything. Does the clio dynamique come with side airbags as standard? The problem must be related to the 182 interior

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Looks to me someones put in a 182 interior and not connected up the airbags!!!

Not to be rude, but you should have checked when u baught it.

On the other hand, u will need to get them checked out to see if they have airbags or if they have gone off and been re stitched without anything - then have them all wired up again (which can be complicated)

RB 182

Quote: Originally posted by rob_willow on 31 August 2005
Ive looked under the seats, which are 182 ones by the way, and theres a few wires that are not connected to anything. Does the clio dynamique come with side airbags as standard? The problem must be related to the 182 interior

Yes side air bags are standard on that model, i had the same problem and as suggested reconnect the wires if youve got them.

CLS, RS MEG

How do i take the steering wheel off to see the airbag electrical connection? I dont fancy the thing going off in my face if i do something wrong :S

CLS, RS MEG

Fred, that would be good mate. is it a big job? Im going to the renault sport weekend, could you do it there?

CLS, RS MEG

:D PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. The SERV light is doing my head in! I presume its to do with the lose wires under the seat. Ill try taking a picture tomorrow.

.................... ill buy you a pint :oops: or 2.....

CLS, RS MEG

LOL. Cheers fella. If its easier for you, you could explain on a PM what wires go to what, and ill try connecting them up. Im a spark so i should be able to do it with a bit of guidence.

Golf GTI 1.8T

ive put black tape on my dials, works a treat! gotta wire my new seats in tomorrow, mine hasnt the prevision but personally wouldnt wire in the side airbags because of the cost to replace/repair the seats if they blow through them. your orange wire is the side air bags, black with blue/white plug on is seat belt pretensioners - you need them! and the other will be seat belt warning light prob, plus does anyone know what the black cirular plug does, geeze and renault couldnt remember!

get twisting those wires!