ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service, ABS and traction control lights on??

BMW E36 328i Sport
I was driving to work today and when I was at traffic lights the service, ABS and traction control lights all came on. I kept driving the car and it didn't drive any different. I stopped and turned the car off then turned it back on and all the lights had gone off, anyone know what would cause this?

I had this on my 172. Could be the sensor behind the steering wheel (called squib clock spring or something like that).

Mine turned out to be a dodgy abs ring and sensor, both of which were on the passenger side.

Golf GTD Mk7
steering position sensor mate. Could be that, or could just be ABS issue.

Plugging it in Renault CLIP will tell you straight away.

BMW E36 328i Sport
If it's the steering sensor is that easy/inexpensive to replace?

I adjusted the steering wheel the other day so will probs be that.

Did a quick search and someone said it was a sensor behind the brake peddle?

A ANIMAL
If it's the steering sensor is that easy/inexpensive to replace?

I adjusted the steering wheel the other day so will probs be that.

Did a quick search and someone said it was a sensor behind the brake peddle?

It varies. Without knowing the fault code you may as well draw straws

BMW E36 328i Sport
So basicly need to get diagnostics done to be sure :(

What's Renault CLIP? is it the name of renault's own diagnostics machine? How much wiLl it be to get checked, about an hours labour?

Golf GTD Mk7
So basicly need to get diagnostics done to be sure :(

What's Renault CLIP? is it the name of renault's own diagnostics machine? How much wiLl it be to get checked, about an hours labour?

Yes clip is renault diagnostics. It's around £65 for diagnostics, but there are lots of auto electricians that will be able to do similar for cheaper.

BMW E36 328i Sport
Great thanks. I'm sure my friend knows someone that works for renault so hopefully he will check it for me at a discount price.

BMW M135I
Stu, hope you dont mind me using this thread rather than starting another one with similar issues.

Fitted an aftermarket steering wheel a few week ago and the usual tc, abs and serv lights come on. Thought it was the steering angle sensor but had that replaced today but the light still comes on. When I picked the car up from the garage, it initially didnt come on but the guy said it would end up coming on which it did but only the tc and serv light came on to start with until I turned the car off and on again the abs light came on also. He said hes tried everything (I know he hasnt) and has said its my esp sensor (something like that and that its £1300 from renault so wasnt going to pay that when I know it could be something else).

Now Im about to try the brake pedal idea and check my abs rings etc as he didnt say he tried that but just wondered if it could possibly be this esp sensor he talked about

2004 clio 182 ff
my 182 has the same fault, but as its under warrently still (picked it up on 31st) its off to renault on wed. altho the lights havent been on lately?

Trophy #490
Bit of a bump on this one, but it beats starting a new thread...

I have these three lights on at the minute, and my local garage reckons it's the ABS ring on the passenger's rear wheel. Does anyone know how much the part costs from Renault? He reckons it's north of £100, and it just seemed a little steep to me.

Astra (H) VXR
Mine did this for a while them eventually came on solid... Was passenger side and sensor.. Possibly ring as well as is very poor condition.

Astra (H) VXR
I got quoted £90 at a garage 2 months ago... Hasn't been done yet though.. Gonna just get a sensor and do it when I do the brakes before the mot