ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service

clio campus sport
Hi guys, im looking to service my car myself. plugs, air filter, oil filter and oil, only thing is i have no idea how. Is there a website with videos or photos that can help me do it? thanks

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Where are you based ?

Nothing there is complicated at all.

Warm up engine (not HOT !) turn it off .. jack car up .. undo sump bolt, drain into tray .. remove oil filter .. drop car to ground .. do the air filter and pollen (under the scuttle assuming all mk2's are the same) whilst you wait for oil to empty.

Fill filter up with fresh oil, splash on the O-ring too .. redo sump bolt with new copper washer .. fill up with new oil .. carefully not to over-fill .. better to be under when you check, than over !

HT leads out one at a time .. spark plug socket (14mm?) .. careful to get them it straight, you dont want to snap it off in the head .. one at a time, one out, one in .. do it back up with a T-bar, nice and careful .. keep it straight .. do it up tight enough, not too tight not too loose (again, be aware of snapping....) .. someone might know the torque to do it up to ? HTs back on one at a time too.

Can't possibly go wrong ;)

clio campus sport
Haha thanks for the quick reply. As helpful as youve been ive figured out most of what youve said, the problem is i have no idea where the things are hence i need a video or pictures to help me. i live just outside london, near high wycombe. thanks

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
If you literally have no idea where the spark plugs are, or where the sump plug might be (think about it for more than a nano second and you'll realise it'd probably not the top of the engine) then just don't bother .. take it to a garage, or ask your dad/uncle/friend to help you.

Megane R26
If you literally have no idea where the spark plugs are, or where the sump plug might be (think about it for more than a nano second and you'll realise it'd probably not the top of the engine) then just don't bother .. take it to a garage, or ask your dad/uncle/friend to help you.

+1 :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Haynes manuals are as good as useless in my experience, they just tell you what to do, not where to find things or how to do it.

Most of the pictures look like they have been taken with a fax machine, and just show a picture of a bolt, not the engine bay with a big arrow which would probably be more useful.

If the guy doesn't know where the spark plugs are, or where the oil should go, it's REALLY not something he should be messing about with IMO.

clio mk1 RSI
does the haynes manual have everything in that you need to do the basics?
The haynes manuals are not useless they will give a good description on how to do a service , alothough I would advise you have some kind of mechanical experience , Forums are the best for overall information but the manual is car specific.
By the time you buy your consumables and learn what to do it would be better for you to take it to garage or get someone to do it for you