ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Servicing a 2005 1.6 16v Clio ... Quick Q

182 Trophy
Guys

Servicing a 1.6 16v clio, just to make sure is the sump nut tool 8mm square ? I tried to service it last night and didnt have the right size bit :mad:

Also where abouts is the air filter on this ? is it right at the back on the throttle body ? Anyone got any tips on how to replace easily. Also if anyone has a picture of a link to the correct filter, i purchased a normal paper one from euro car parts but he told me there are 2 types and therefor it could be wrong.

Cheers, simple questions but will save me alot of hassle

Sam

182 Trophy
Is it pretty easy to remove ? whats the little box that leads up to it ? (i know its not got a filter in it, is it some kind of acoustic valve like on the trophy)

Sam

Megane dci 130
It should be a triangular shaped filter. Remove the resinator box by removing the elastic band holding it on then pull it off the airbox at the back. Then remove the brake servo vacuum pipe and put to one side. Then just undo the two t20 screws and flip it down and it will come off.

182 Trophy
Hi Mate

Fantastic :)

just to confirm is it an 8mm drain plug removal tool i need from halfords (8mm square) Im going to pop there at 2 to buy one

Cheers

Sam